Security Installer Community

Do You "want" Part P?

luggsey

your friends winding you up

yeah maybe, if we do not take into consideration, the 17th edittion, the building regs etc etc etc, angus i agree with you. he certainly would not be doing any work on my electrics.....

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

hi guys,

one of the 'fall outs' of all this i came across in one of my oldest clients houses, i got asked to price to update their very old BPT video door entry system, while there i was asked to do some electrical works. said i'm way to busy and these days i'm not legally allowed to blah blah.

so do i know any electricians? as all those she has phoned could not help her for several weeks. this is the same for all the sparks i know of, they are all fully booked. so at the end of the conversation she said she would ask the 'electrician' working in my current project - which is 8 doors down the same road :cold2: .

i've told her very strongly not to and also phoned her husband, they will not be certificated or uk trained (and no way of knowing if at all) so apart from the real dangers, could cause problems if she ever sells later etc etc.

her response was "so what, i'm not moving and i need the work done sooner not later, if i can't get a snooty qualified guy i'll get someone willing to work 'properly' and hard for a living" (she is from New York so speaks her mind somewhat).

i don't agree obviously, but part 'p' has removed a large section of properly trained and experienced electricians from the market, the example i give above just shows rather than making things more safer - it is making them even far more dangerous.

so frightening - just frightening

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
or looking at the other side of the coin pensioned off qualified bodgers?

true - like uncle arf said " i cant do it anymore legally......." well actually you can, its just you dont want to

true - like uncle arf said " i cant do it anymore legally......." well actually you can, its just you dont want to

not sure i know what do you mean Angus? (so nothing changes :rolleyes: )

i'd have to take a 'competent persons' exam (@ about

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Is there a course where by you can fit spurs only in Scotland as im fed up the sparky not on site on time to run cable to the spur wire direct and certify??

From the colleges etc you have to take a course but can you get a spark to give you training then certify yourself for installing spurs??

!

Guest anguscanplay
not sure i know what do you mean Angus? (so nothing changes :rolleyes: )

i'd have to take a 'competent persons' exam (@ about

Well I never said I had all the answers...... ;)

The economy was in fine condition when Labout took power in 96, Labour "have" done the right thing by leting BOE set interest rates I admit. The fact is there was a upturn in our economy due to the fact that Europe was in a mess with Germany trying to "meld" again, France in the grip of the unions and over generous wages/hours and Spain/France doing what they always do.... there was a worldwide boom as well..We almost couldn't fail to have a strong economy in that climate! Things are starting to crack though, taxes have gone through the roof to pay for all "this" which when you look at it is not a lot.....Hospital waiting lists were not falling so hey, just change the way you count them, as soon as you see a consultant for one brief appointment you are off the waiting list! Go to casaulty and have a nurse see if you are dead or dying and you have recieved treatment, never mind if you have to wait 5 hours to see a doctor your waiting time is not counted.....inflation going up? easy change the RPI calculation method to massage the figures....school results still down after billions thrown at the schools? Massage the exams to make everyone pass...easy! Teach kids all about sex as soon as they can speak and they won't ever want to have underage sex...highest schoolgirl birth rate in Europe......Assylum claims fiasco, just tear them up and let them stay!!! No matter if they are known criminals or worse....immigrants taking jobs off of UK born people, no says Labour, yes says the building industry....Well done Labour. In a couple of years time the ammount of loans the goverment has taken out will start to widen the cracks yet more, we can expect to see things getting a lot worse I'm afraid to say, the country will be "paying" for Labour for a very long time I think in more ways then one, seen Pescott on his latest Junket to the Carabien, we are paying for it, Cherie Blair makes cash out of being the PM's wife, shame on the ugly cow.....she shames the country....Hear Jimmy Carter saying Blair was weak to follow bush like a puppy dog to Iraq.....how many more Brits will die for American foreign policy....I HATE LABOUR!!!!!

I cant for love nor money understand why any normal/average person would want to vote labour.

And cherie, well, i dont agree with violence towards women but shes the exception.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I cant for love nor money understand why any normal/average person would want to vote labour.

And cherie, well, i dont agree with violence towards women but shes the exception.

I think if you are Gay, Black, Immigrant, On the dole, Welsh, Scots, On the sick or in a goverment job with a protected pension then you would be stupid not to vote Labour.

If you are English middle class then I suggest at the next general election we all get off our moaning arses and get Labour out!

Only about twenty percent of voters in the UK put Labour in power, the other 80 percent can change that....... :angry:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived