Security Installer Community

Do You "want" Part P?

luggsey

Anybody else seen this?

I have always been disgusted that as a time served C&G electrician I have to go to so many Quangos to sign off on my own work.

I for one have signed!!!!!! :realmad:Online Petition on .gov.uk site

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Thanks for that I agree it should be more straight forward so i've signed aswell

mind you don't think much will come of it. Since when have the government ever admitted to making a mistake. cheers

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Thanks for that I agree it should be more straight forward so i've signed aswell

mind you don't think much will come of it. Since when have the government ever admitted to making a mistake. cheers

I hate the blooming goverment, lies, tax and regulation with a lot of dodgey dealing in between.

Well spotted JW :oops:

We are all frightned of the PC brigade now.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

I hate the blooming goverment, lies, tax and regulation with a lot of dodgey dealing in between.

Well spotted JW :oops:

We are all frightned of the PC brigade now.......

Nobody else think Part P is requlation gone to far?

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest Alarm Guard
Nobody else think Part P is requlation gone to far?

I cannot understand why Part P came about. ..... and whatever the reason, it is IMO ill conceived and cannot acheive the intended result because no-one seems to know what the hell the intended result is!

Additionally, no-one wants to enforce it, and most people who it effects don't even know it exists.

Apart from that, it is OK.

AG

I cannot understand why Part P came about. ..... and whatever the reason, it is IMO ill conceived and cannot acheive the intended result because no-one seems to know what the hell the intended result is!

Additionally, no-one wants to enforce it, and most people who it effects don't even know it exists.

Apart from that, it is OK.

AG

So did you sign on the line? :banned:

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 3 weeks later...
I signed it.

They need to change it , or make advertise the fact more.

They kid advertise I mean did advertise :ninja:

• 1 month later...

i agree part 'P' is very irritating, i'm no a sparks but like manny others was taught properly how and where to wire a simple fused spur by a trained sparks when i first started out, i must have fitted hundreds since in 35 years.

so silly cat calling apart, by most yard sticks i can be concidered competant if not an expert.

the aim of the act was to to reduce the deaths and fires caused by faulty and home brew electrics, if you concider most people are very wary of gas which you can smell the danger well before it kills or exsplodes, but almost blasey about electricity which we cannot see or even smell, so the idea was to make people more aware and apply penalties.

the law is always a blunt instrument to use as a tool, cobled together often by 'want to do good' knee jurkers with little actual knowledge.

imo don't think it should be wide open, but commonsense deems it needs a scheme where you can demonstrate your ability and get certificated say @ 5 or 10 year intervals, make it compulsery for firms or tradesmen who install minor electrics such as spurs or external lighting, but time served practicing sparks should not need this and be exempted.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived