Security Installer Community

Do You "want" Part P?

luggsey

Guest anguscanplay
i agree part 'P' is very irritating, i'm no a sparks but like manny others was taught properly how and where to wire a simple fused spur by a trained sparks when i first started out, i must have fitted hundreds since in 35 years.

so silly cat calling apart, by most yard sticks i can be concidered competant if not an expert.

the aim of the act was to to reduce the deaths and fires caused by faulty and home brew electrics, if you concider most people are very wary of gas which you can smell the danger well before it kills or exsplodes, but almost blasey about electricity which we cannot see or even smell, so the idea was to make people more aware and apply penalties.

the law is always a blunt instrument to use as a tool, cobled together often by 'want to do good' knee jurkers with little actual knowledge.

imo don't think it should be wide open, but commonsense deems it needs a scheme where you can demonstrate your ability and get certificated say @ 5 or 10 year intervals, make it compulsery for firms or tradesmen who install minor electrics such as spurs or external lighting, but time served practicing sparks should not need this and be exempted.

regs

alan

" time served practising sparks"

i assume you mean the members of an assosiation other wise whats the difference - the fact they have been doing it wrong for twenty years

part p doesnt go far enough it should be more like gas - you dont do it unless youve got the ticket

Guest anguscanplay
Can someone remind me what the City & Guilds qualifications are for??

passport to work but i got mine twenty years ago and apart from a refresher when the 16th came out never seen them since

forget the alarm world - thats to keep arfur happy - if your not been inspected as a sparks wher is the need to be current - pun intended - and upto date with regs and advisory notes too many times do i hear the older generation say thats not how I do it

passport to work but i got mine twenty years ago and apart from a refresher when the 16th came out never seen them since

forget the alarm world - thats to keep arfur happy - if your not been inspected as a sparks wher is the need to be current - pun intended - and upto date with regs and advisory notes too many times do i hear the older generation say thats not how I do it

Agree with what you say. But IMHO it seems people who have qualified are treated the same as those who have no idea and never done anything.

Guest anguscanplay
Agree with what you say. But IMHO it seems people who have qualified are treated the same as those who have no idea and never done anything.

statutary requirments aside

thats me im qualified but then went selling strawberry cheesecake for ten years for example - but i could go and spend a day doing work in your house and not have a clue if its current and unless there is a certificate at the end i am just a knowledgable cheesecake seller

anyone have a problem with non ministry registered driving instructors - we can all drive and we could all teach but we couldnt charge for it

statutary requirments aside

thats me im qualified but then went selling strawberry cheesecake for ten years for example - but i could go and spend a day doing work in your house and not have a clue if its current and unless there is a certificate at the end i am just a knowledgable cheesecake seller

anyone have a problem with non ministry registered driving instructors - we can all drive and we could all teach but we couldnt charge for it

Not what i mean. As i understand it. You could get fully qualified C&G parts A and B (or whatever they call it now), 16th edition etc. But then have to register. In essence, treated much the same as Joe Public

i think if you study a trade, it's like riding a bike you never forget the honest basics. things move on supposedly for the better, just like the new colours used in Eu mains wiring :rolleyes: (excuse me while i spit and pay homage to those who will die because of the confusion caused by it).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

just like the new colours used in Eu mains wiring :rolleyes: (excuse me while i spit and pay homage to those who will die because of the confusion caused by it).

Don't be ridiculous, appliance leads have been those colours for years so everyone knows what they mean.

And professionals definitely should................. :whistle:

In many ways surely it should be simpler and safer as new stuff will be consistent. :rolleyes:

Guest anguscanplay
Not what i mean. As i understand it. You could get fully qualified C&G parts A and B (or whatever they call it now), 16th edition etc. But then have to register. In essence, treated much the same as Joe Public

which is why i doesnt go far enough - mr public doesnt play with gas and he shouldnt play with the deadly mains stuff but unless you have to ticket everything you do and have to be registered to issue the ticket then there is nothing to stop him and nothing to stop him doing it to his neighbour too

Don't be ridiculous, appliance leads have been those colours for years so everyone knows what they mean.

And professionals definitely should................. :whistle:

In many ways surely it should be simpler and safer as new stuff will be consistent. :rolleyes:

if it is nonsense (i'm not a sparks so have some patience) - why do you have to attach stickers to warn of the new wiring when adding to existing to those very same profesionals then?

or is that not 'regs' :!:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived