Security Installer Community

What Now For Initial Fire And Security ?

Stal.

Initial bought Hallmark on the tuesday before announcing on the friday that rentokill were selling them off.

Nice timming eh!

Hallmark will run stand alone for two years apparently then be merged with I think its called csd, they look after the congestion charge cameras and strange projects like that

Hallmark have two branches one south and one in Manchester.

Parachute for sale used once....unopened....slight stain

I dont think this buyout will affect the company or the customers what so ever, it will be all behind the scenes, one thing for sure is that whoever buys will want to get back and build the customer base even bigger.

B&Q probalby costs them more hassle than there worth. The contract is through SSS. Good luck to //.National Installer.//, hope they can still gain parts for the ID speech system. SSS will more than likely pull a contract from //.National Installer.// to give to Initial. Losing B&Q will not affect Initial.

Initial still does very well as a company, major contracts like Argos,HMV,Mictchells and Butler Pubs,Co-op,Allaince and Leicster,MFI,Orange,Carphone warehouse,Vodafone,Tesco,Somerfield,DWP, ect ect.. Oh and now all of the Boots stores.Thats just branch side, go into systems and they got Goverment,Royal Palaces world wide,Underground CCTV,Motorway CCTV,BT depots,Inner London Congestion Cameras.

Then you got Initial Care looking after the majority of Elderly and Nursing Homes with there own brand of Nurse Call and traker systems.

In the USA initial Security has just been Voted Security Installer of the Year, YES! Installer of the Year.

So I'd say there aint much going on a Initial Shorrocks, just short of good engineers which lets em down and the fact that there going to be adopted again.Who ever buys will get a very good company for the money.

Chris

(ex employee but still number 1 supporter of the shorrock crew)

they have those contracts at the moment,well boots is shared between //.National Installer.//,initial&pointer,the speech system i take it you mean for the fire doors,loads of suppliers of those,//.National Installer.// still do 99% of co-ops,they also are getting london charge cctv & tube cctv,tesco(some //.National Installer.//) & somerfieldlswill go to //.National Installer.//..lack of good engineers :bruce_h4h: thats not a nice thing to say about the engineers they have got already...but taking on poles etc and training them up isnt the right way to do it imo...

Latest name in the hat is BT !

Would be a good move as it would hopefully drag the business into the 21st century as well as keeping up to date with the latest technology :techsupport:

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Worryingly, management have been given the green light by the Bank to go ahead with buy out offer .

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :fear: Prepare for a return to the Dark Ages when dinosaurs ruled the Earth arggg

Guest Alarm Guard

This might sound a wild idea, but I have heard a rumour that they are looking to ditch NSI and register with SSAIB instead.

The rumour comes from a good source, but is no more than a rumour.

Anyone else heard anything similar.

This might sound a wild idea, but I have heard a rumour that they are looking to ditch NSI and register with SSAIB instead.

The rumour comes from a good source, but is no more than a rumour.

Anyone else heard anything similar.

i bet you

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

stal i thought it was g4s that had done the deal ?

Where did i say they hadn't ?! All i said was BT are in the hat but then there could be up to 40 other companies showing an interest.

I have it on good authority that Securitas are strong favourites to buy Initial, however i don't think you can dismiss any of the main contenders e.g. Chubb (UTC), //.National Installer.//, GE etc.

sorry stal i thought you had found out the buyout had been approved on re-reading i see its just been financed not accepted

Don't you just love rumours???...I think the truth of it is that NO ONE will know whos buying what untill it happens

IMO i can not see it being A.D.T as they are being split up themselves into different divisions.....fire,intuder,CCTV

Anyway happy guessing!!!!! :whistle:

Archived