Security Installer Community

What Now For Initial Fire And Security ?

Stal.

I remember the good old Shorrock days! The wages were set at Nortern rates, so to recruit anyone down south they used to let them book four hours overtime a week buckshee! Used their own panels then also, so they had keyswitch panels going in when everyone else was installing 9100/Cpa6 and Abacus! Bless em.

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

it will work two ways..a deal has already been done,as you dont just buy the sizeof shorrocks overnight without months of checking thebooks,they have the jobs they say they have,standards etc(take note //.National Installer.//) or they are in such a dire state no one wants them as normally these takeovers are kept hush hush then bang youve been sold..but sounds to me like inital are desparate to get rid and have taken a we dont want them do you stance,,,any one.. any takers...the big boys are saying nothing,sojust what is happening at shorrocks i know they are losing the b&q contracts to //.National Installer.// but have they lost more big contracts??

I dont think this buyout will affect the company or the customers what so ever, it will be all behind the scenes, one thing for sure is that whoever buys will want to get back and build the customer base even bigger.

B&Q probalby costs them more hassle than there worth. The contract is through SSS. Good luck to //.National Installer.//, hope they can still gain parts for the ID speech system. SSS will more than likely pull a contract from //.National Installer.// to give to Initial. Losing B&Q will not affect Initial.

Initial still does very well as a company, major contracts like Argos,HMV,Mictchells and Butler Pubs,Co-op,Allaince and Leicster,MFI,Orange,Carphone warehouse,Vodafone,Tesco,Somerfield,DWP, ect ect.. Oh and now all of the Boots stores.Thats just branch side, go into systems and they got Goverment,Royal Palaces world wide,Underground CCTV,Motorway CCTV,BT depots,Inner London Congestion Cameras.

Then you got Initial Care looking after the majority of Elderly and Nursing Homes with there own brand of Nurse Call and traker systems.

In the USA initial Security has just been Voted Security Installer of the Year, YES! Installer of the Year.

So I'd say there aint much going on a Initial Shorrocks, just short of good engineers which lets em down and the fact that there going to be adopted again.Who ever buys will get a very good company for the money.

Chris

(ex employee but still number 1 supporter of the shorrock crew)

There was a compoany called Hallmark Security, based Tunbridge Wells/East Grinstead way that was bought by a company called Monarch fire security before Xmas. Not sure wether they were fire aswell though???
:whistle:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived