Security Installer Community

What Now For Initial Fire And Security ?

Stal.

Great post Dave.

16. The ATS has no Part Guard setting.

Omg dont get me started on the ATS

i've worked on these from day one and like the CD range is full of software faults that dont seem to be getting any better.

Just some of my own

1. Program a fire door cct and you have to program out the external / internal bells from that cct or they sound during the day, not so bad you think untill the system is set somebody forces the door guess what no bells!

2. Agree with Dave the panic alarm program is a joke i can think of 5 different types in use at the moment all with faults, if the dialler is online the silent pa goes audible, great if you have a gun in your face.

3. Get a line fail on the older software and you get ftc on the rkp and the only way of clearing is to default.

4. While on the subject of the dialler if you get a fault you have to change the panel no plug on option.

5. User friendly youre having a laugh, tell the customer to set it you have to badge 4 times to set and 2 to unset. Customer log sit down and prepare to write an essay.

6. You can unpoll the Dgp Expander with no warning and leave site with it unprotected (very handy).

7. The default flags should be protected its too easy to overwrite and cause no end of problems.

8. multi area systems are a joke give the cutomer a fob to set but they still have to choose the area to arm, arm area two and present the fob to set area one and area two unsets without choice.

9. Fit one in a house and set areas for part set just dont go there!!

Just a few i could go on and on. :realmad:

SSAIB Approved.

If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

Now that Rentokil have made it public that they are selling off Initial Fire and Security, who would be the best company to take us over ?

So far i have heard that Mitie, Bell, Chubb and Abel are all showing an interest in Initial. However, after years of under-investment by Rentokil, would these companies be any better ?

Discuss.

I don't know much about initial,but when they brought wright fire and security group 2 years ago a senoir manager told me...we have made a //.B.W.F.// up here...we did'nt know what we brought...theythought they were buying just 1 branch,not 4 countrywide....thats organisation for you :rolleyes:

I have worked for both the security in 1999 and fire division 2005. Between those 2 periods i noticed a huge change. I worked out the reading branch and it was a tight run ship. When i returned to the company in 2005 for fire in Watford, it was a shambles. Nobody seemed to know what they were doing. I actually resigned because it was so bad, and told the boss i was leaving for that reason. He wasnt too impressed and didnt speak to me after that. How childish, surely a proper manager would have taken me aside to discuss how things could be improved and not sulk. It is a shame they have gone to pot as they were a good mob one time. Another thing about the wright contract, they day we took over we lost all the Starbucks, which was one of the reasons we bopught the company and any jobs thatwere still running were a mess.

I have never worked on the ATS but the most bizarre thing about Aritech CD range was that it didn't recognise zero as a number...... The greeks invented the zero about a thousand years ago, so that makes the Aritechs a thousand years out of date. Modern technology, eh!

Thats the problem you see...the C.D range was invented about 999 years ago.....it's NOT modern technology it's really old...We still use the C.D range sometimes(why i don't know) it does recognise 0 as an escape key,so its great fun when you get a customer who wants a zero in the code,they stand there for hours trying to get a zero in but it just won't go :roflmao:

As for the starbucks contract that was always the case as with wrights run another company side by side so i guess thats where that contract went as initial did'nt get their mits on that company as it made a whole lot more money...albeit a whole lot smaller!!!!!

Initial still do starbucks in this region(sussex,surrey).

Regarding the ATS

Like I said earlier, it fits the customers needs, if you want it to do something it cannot do,then yes fit a Galaxy.And if a customer wants part set programme it as 2 area's,keyswitch or fit a cd34.

Are you lot doing a kill short and default 99 on menu 14 before you start programming? takes all the blips i've had out of it. There still a few problems with Galaxy/menvier panels aswell at moment.

Anyways so who do u think will buy Initial???

Anyways so who do u think will buy Initial???

Hopefully it will be a company that puts people first and is prepared to invest time and money in it's staff ( that will rule out most of the Nationals then ! ).

Yes, it's important to run as efficiently and profitable as possible but Initial had the balance all wrong and that led to a dissatisfied workforce with engineers leaving in their droves.

With the constraints that Rentokil put on Initial soon to be gone hopefully the new company will be dragged back into the 21st century instead of being left to slumber in the doldrums under the frugal Rentokil reign :realmad:

Quite who will fit the bill is yet to be seen !!!!!!

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Archived