Security Installer Community

What Now For Initial Fire And Security ?

Stal.

Now that Rentokil have made it public that they are selling off Initial Fire and Security, who would be the best company to take us over ?

So far i have heard that Mitie, Bell, Chubb and Abel are all showing an interest in Initial. However, after years of under-investment by Rentokil, would these companies be any better ?

Discuss.

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Now that Rentokil have made it public that they are selling off Initial Fire and Security, who would be the best company to take us over ?

So far i have heard that Mitie, Bell, Chubb and Abel are all showing an interest in Initial. However, after years of under-investment by Rentokil, would these companies be any better ?

Discuss.

When Rentokil hit problems with 'the City' a year or so back and got rid of all the senior management -one of whom is the current chairman of Farepack (allegedly) if i'm not mistaken - it was announced then that all divisions were available at the right price.

That no one came in tells a story. Now they are making it public again suggests, at least to me, that they are now keen to offload, especially as Mitie bought the manned division recently.

As for who may buy, who knows, does it have to be the usual suspects though?? What about Facilities managent companies? some of the large American conglomerates??

It's interesting that none of the venture capital boys don't seem to be interested.

Andrew

What category? ... and don't say 'toys:cowboy outfits'

Cowboys :bruce_h4h:

Why do people Knock Initial.??

I sub to most of the nationals and Initial is the most organised with kit,paperwork and payment, the equipment is quality kit (even if it is ATS,u lot just scarred of it lol) and the jobs always come in hours.The monitoring station is a lot better and friendlier than most others and the understand the principle and problems with alarms.

Who ever buys Initial will get a quality Company with a great network in the UK. Lets just hope its not someone who just thinks profit and puts a bit more time and money into winning back some of the good customers Sir Stanley Shorrock had years ago.

Chris

Initial is the most organised with kit,paperwork and payment, the equipment is quality kit (even if it is ATS,u lot just scarred of it lol) and the jobs always come i hours.The monitoring station is a lot better and friendlier than most others and the understand the principle and problems with alarms.

When did those changes start?

Cowboys :bruce_h4h:

Why do people Knock Initial.??

I sub to most of the nationals and Initial is the most organised with kit,paperwork and payment, the equipment is quality kit (even if it is ATS,u lot just scarred of it lol) and the jobs always come in hours.The monitoring station is a lot better and friendlier than most others and the understand the principle and problems with alarms.

Who ever buys Initial will get a quality Company with a great network in the UK. Lets just hope its not someone who just thinks profit and puts a bit more time and money into winning back some of the good customers Sir Stanley Shorrock had years ago.

Chris

Chris

You are having a laugh aren't you? I've subbied to them for 3 years of and on and I find them as disorganised as the rest. There jobs NEVER go in on hours and their NOPS divison is shocking.

The ATS alarm panel is the worst creation ever, it is an abortion.

Agreed the monitoring centre is very good and friendly operators as well.

cheers

Dave

Archived