Security Installer Community

What Now For Initial Fire And Security ?

Stal.

To be honest, there are far worse panels out. It could be a very good panel if the programming layout was re-arranged,and the keypad re-designed... Actually, who am I kidding, it's //.B.W.F.//.

Interesting to read that Chubb have an operating profit of 6% of turnover where as Initial Fire And Security have a profit in the 20's %.

We all know the reasons why ( low wages and general under-investment ) and i bet there are a lot of worried Chubb employees right now !!!

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Interesting to read that Chubb have an operating profit of 6% of turnover where as Initial Fire And Security have a profit in the 20's %.

We all know the reasons why ( low wages and general under-investment ) and i bet there are a lot of worried Chubb employees right now !!!

The published accounts don't always tell a story on there own, you often need a little background info too.

The figures will often show when a company is about to 'come into play' and the figures are 'massaged' accordingly to make the company look attractive to potential buyers. You have highlighted some of the things that happen to enhance the figures short term.

Chubb UK on the otherhand...

Maybe, but Initial have produced these results for many years now, they are by far the most profitable electronic security company in the UK. From what i hear Chubb ES have only recently started to get there accounts back into the black in there Uk business, hence the reason i believe UTC have purchased Initial to increase there investment in Chubb Electronic Security.

Saying that Initial will never lead the field in Pay & Benifits, will be intresting to see which way UTC decide to go Initial or Chubb ????

Any thoughts from Chubb Engineers?

The published accounts don't always tell a story on there own, you often need a little background info too.

The figures will often show when a company is about to 'come into play' and the figures are 'massaged' accordingly to make the company look attractive to potential buyers. You have highlighted some of the things that happen to enhance the figures short term.

Chubb UK on the otherhand...

Saying that Initial will never lead the field in Pay & Benifits, will be intresting to see which way UTC decide to go Initial or Chubb ????

UTC have 70 people working on the acquisition and so far have spent in the region of

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

RTOP where have you been mate it was dicussed quite a while ago...IES may well have greater profit margins,shame their acquisition teams are not as good.When IES brought wright fire and security they openly admitted that they did'nt realise the size of company they had brought to the point they did'nt even know(untill they were told) about the branch in manchester

But we all know figures can be made to look very good with a bit of creative accounting :whistle:

I cant believe that mate ,

Rentokil know what there doing when it comes to buyouts, they aquire companys worldwide every month. The only reason they bought wrights is because they were nationwide,had a good client base and to make the company bigger before they sold up.

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived