Security Installer Community

Trade membership without probing?

jonnyboy

As the title suggests really I would be intrested in trade membership as I'm an engineer (working with a NACOSS gold company) however I cant have some random people from a website ringing my employer up asking them questions etc. They are a good company but would probably not approve of their engineers using websites (they would probably wonder what I was up to lol) I'm sure I cant be the only one unwilling/unable to subject myself to a full security check to gain access to a website?

PS I have asked this wuestion before but never got a solid answer??

Unfortunately due to the sensitive nature of the information in the trade sections of the site you will be unable to gain trade status if we can't prove who you are and verify that you are a genuine engineer.

For all I know you may be johnny burglar looking for bypass information.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Jonnyboy, we are quite strict with our vetting, but send in the application for trade membership and I will deal with it personally without contacting your employer. In the section "Proof of Trade Status" place any details of other persons whoom I can contact who are prefferably in the trade and willing to vouch for you. Also in the "Further information that may help this application" section please put down a phone number or your mobile number with which I could call you after work, and I may give you a call. Also it is very likely that another trade member here works for your GOLD company and simply calling him to verify your employment may be all that's needed.

Employees:

1. All applicants must be currently employed by a company offering installation, service and maintenance to electronic security systems.

5. All applicants must be able to provide the information set out below;

You must be able to provide us with an advertised telephone number, and location advertised, for your employer.

You must obtain permission from your employer for us to contact them regarding your application.

OR

You may be nominated by an existing approved trade member.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I understand your concern Johnyboy but think the real reason would not be that you are looking at a web site but that you may give out confidential info that could be damaging to your company. It is for this reason that a lot of company contracts get you to sign that you will not divulge any info that is obtained whilst in the companies employ.

This may also be a warning that when posting "with good intent" that you or others don't leave yourself open to disiplinary action. :hmm:

I believe that a good company should encourage your interest in the subjects of your work.

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about, all the mod's will ask is how long have you been there etc, their not after the size of your underware or your bosses engineer code... I can't see why he'd have a problem with it, he's probabally on here himself

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived