Security Installer Community

Trade membership without probing?

jonnyboy

if you actually read my post m8 I'm trying to put accross why screening by contacting employers is not appropriate for everybody. Doing a 10 year employment history/criminal record check would be a bit ridiculous wouldnt it? Not to mention time consuming!

I'll fill in the form as people have advised and see what happens!

if you actually read my post m8 I'm trying to put accross why screening by contacting employers is not appropriate for everybody. Doing a 10 year employment history/criminal record check would be a bit ridiculous wouldnt it? Not to mention time consuming!

I'll fill in the form as people have advised and see what happens!

don't take my comment too personal. it is my opinion, not more not less.

Guest Trulloman

Jonnyboy,

Dont your customers sometimes ring your office to verify that you are a bonified employee.

It should be no different

Just realised (seeing my post) I haven't applied for trade membership on this site, thought I had. Must do it today.

Dont your customers sometimes ring your office to verify that you are a bonified employee.

I had someone do that once, but they asked me what the number for my office was, so I told them, and they rang it. I decided not to mention the flaw in their plan as they were happy. :)

I had someone do that once, but they asked me what the number for my office was, so I told them, and they rang it. I decided not to mention the flaw in their plan as they were happy. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you ever wonder why didn't they take their system from someone else who anyway quoted it much cheaper if that customer is THAT stupid..?

Guest Trulloman

Our office details are on the back of our ID cards, but we dont tell them we let them find the number themselves. :ninja::whistle:

No nobody from my firm is on here not unless they are not mentioning the company name.

I think I am probably one of many people thats put off getting a proper trade membership because of the "application" process. I understand the need to filter out the riffraff but realisticly there are more reliable ways than ringing somones employer or collegue to verify that they are an engineer. What would there be to stop me from just giving you my own number and posing as a collegue for example?

As I say you guys are probably lucky that you work for firms that are relaxed about sites like this but the place I work for as good as they are in terms of looking after you/pay etc they would be suspicious as to why I need membership to a security website. (as I would probably be asking business setup related questions they probably have good reason to be suspicious!)

All I'm saying is it makes a lot of sense from all angles to have some alternitive process to get trade membership, otherwise you just end up with a bunch of trade members such as me who cant contribute to their full potential as we are locked out of relevent areas of the site

same here

Trade Member

Read the whole topic, it doesn't always mean your firm is contacted if YOU STATE YOU DONT WANT THEM TO.

Time to raise the IQ part of the application to at least 2 :lol:

funny guy

who else could verify our position in the trade :hmm:

could we scan our company I.D Cards ?

Front and Back ?

and email it to one of the guys who screen our application ?

Trade Member

funny guy

who else could verify our position in the trade :hmm:

could we scan our company I.D Cards ?

Front and Back ?

and email it to one of the guys who screen our application ?

Id card can be faked, once the secret services have checked you out, you will be interogated by phone to see what you actually know, questions that only someone in the trade will know the answers to.

Archived