Security Installer Community

Ademco Galaxy 16+ HELP !!

Guest Guest_Tim_*

Guest Guest_Tim_*

Can you help?

Last week we had several localized power cuts affecting the whole street.

I came home on the Wednesday night to find the keypad display was asking for an Engineer Reset.

I called my original installer and he came that night to reset. I was also a due for my service and paid him accordingly. All was fine when he left..

However 3 days later on the Saturday I went away for the weekend and come home on the Sunday night to turn off my alarm.

The count down wouldn

Can you help?

Last week we had several localized power cuts affecting the whole street.

I came home on the Wednesday night to find the keypad display was asking for an Engineer Reset.

I called my original installer and he came that night to reset. I was also a due for my service and paid him accordingly. All was fine when he left..

However 3 days later on the Saturday I went away for the weekend and come home on the Sunday night to turn off my alarm.

The count down wouldn’t turn off 1st time and after several attempts and the alarm going off briefly I finally managed to turn off the count down. After this the keypad is now showing a status of TAMPER and ENGINEER RESET required.

Thing is I’ve just had it serviced and I’ve rang the installer and he thinks its the Keypad at fault and will charge me for a new one.

Any ideas before he charges me for this?

Tnx

Unlikely to be the keypad, more likely to be a faulty back up battery or problem with the charging cct.

in the event of power failure the back up battery should keep the system running for several hours but by the sounds of it the battery is unable to support the power needs of the system.

also the panel may be getting spikes / surges and transient interference caused by the power failures.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Its verydifficult to say what the exact problem is here without seeing the panel and doing some fault finding on it. Your going to have to your engineer back to have a look and bite the bullet as our (albeit educated)guessing is not going to help much.

I would be very reluctant to argue with his comments, he has seen the system and we havent and unless your system is still under warranty or covered by a compehensive maintenance contract then its likely your going to have to foot the bill.The galaxy range are quality piece's of kit, but they are not indestructable, let him figure out what the problem is. If its not the keypad then he will soon know.

Sounds like the system did not set and when you came in you created the tamper fault by entring your code on the keypad, if a galaxy has not set then you can not stop it by entring the the code you need to press ESC, its a pitty you did not notice what was on the screen when you came in.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Also wouldn't entering the user code wrongly soo many times have created a code Tamper..?

Sorry but this calling an Engineer for reset's all the time is a joke, there's no need for it except upon a confirmed activation or a genuine system fault. So ask him to adjust it to enable your Master code to be able to reset the minor faults and user errors.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Sorry but this calling an Engineer for reset's all the time is a joke, there's no need for it except upon a confirmed activation or a genuine system fault.

I disagree, I believe that all activations confirmed or not should be set up for remote reset (including tampers.) What about the ongoing sticky contact that wont send a confirm because the fob is swiped on 1st knock of the entry PIR etc etc.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I disagree, I believe that all activations confirmed or not should be set up for remote reset (including tampers.) What about the ongoing sticky contact that wont send a confirm because the fob is swiped on 1st knock of the entry PIR etc etc.

With norm on this, if users can reset things they ignore em "until next time" then "forget" about it (conveniently).

so a little problem turns into a major one 20 mins before they fly away on holiday for a fortnight or at 3:30 in the morning...

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Your user code should allow you to look in the log to say exactly what happened, I would say it was probably a code tamper, the log will tell you for sure though.

:)

Archived