Working at height regs

see were agreeing with each other again - nsi guidance

risk assess

duration of job

is it all taking place within the stiles of the ladder

no other means of working available at that time

ladders on suitable surface - huleys do a good non slip mat

carry on then

were not looking for ways round the regs its all about finding ways of working within them imo

I was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago for a project at Terminal 5, Heathrow. All i can say is thank god i ain't going on site.

No Working from Ladders - end of, not open to discussion.

Maximimum height of 2rungs for step ladders. Again, not open to discussion or interpretation.

All height work must be from recognised scaffolding, lifters,platforms etc.

I'm told there is a team of roaming inspectrs checking for every non conformity regarding H&S.

Apparently, 1st ofence is a yellow card, 2nd offence you get a red and sent off site and NEVER allowed back. There is also said to be punitive penalties on the company. An offence can be as simple as wearing yellow safety vest inside out.

I was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago for a project at Terminal 5, Heathrow. All i can say is thank god i ain't going on site.

Maximimum height of 2rungs for step ladders. Again, not open to discussion or interpretation.

I'm told there is a team of roaming inspectrs checking for every non conformity regarding H&S.

Apparently, 1st ofence is a yellow card, 2nd offence you get a red and sent off site and NEVER allowed back. There is also said to be punitive penalties on the company. An offence can be as simple as wearing yellow safety vest inside out.

Yep have had to deal with that myself,usually with large nationals covering themselves but it is not a problem as long as you build the costs into the job ! as they are enforcing the rules so tightly it actually assissts in your quoting against competition as you are forced to quote on an even platform(forgive the pun) and cannot be undercut by east europeans dangling from sky hooks 30 feet above ground,also they want to know you will comply and not have to be whatched like hawks all the time to stop you doing something you shoudn't--no need to fight it--no point--use it to your advantage and become a trusted contractor to carry out the customers work within there requirements--god bless the working at height regs!!!!.

Paul.

Guest anguscanplay

Yep have had to deal with that myself,usually with large nationals covering themselves but it is not a problem as long as you build the costs into the job ! as they are enforcing the rules so tightly it actually assissts in your quoting against competition as you are forced to quote on an even platform(forgive the pun) and cannot be undercut by east europeans dangling from sky hooks 30 feet above ground,also they want to know you will comply and not have to be whatched like hawks all the time to stop you doing something you shoudn't--no need to fight it--no point--use it to your advantage and become a trusted contractor to carry out the customers work within there requirements--god bless the working at height regs!!!!.

Paul.

the worlds gone mad

Guest anguscanplay
Monkeys manage fine, why, to what are you refering?

if you knew it would stop you in your tracks

and how do you know how the trees work was completed????

???

I asked a simple question. What do the regs say??

That said, is there something you want to explain??

Yet another topic being dragged down to the gutter, of course if we delete all the inapropriate comments we will be being heavy handed.

What does the public see? think about it.

Yet another topic being dragged down to the gutter, of course if we delete all the inapropriate comments we will be being heavy handed.

What does the public see? think about it.

Why??

Perfectly reasonable question, as some people on here know why. It is in the correct thread and pertinent.

I'll ask again. What do the regs, HSE etc say about working up trees??

Are ladders allowed or is it cherry pickers only?

im sure hse states that ladders are a means of access only, and if you want to work at heights, you need another means of access ie pickers, towers etc

oh, and the trees thing is from a post a loooong time ago. a joke??

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Archived