Security Installer Community

Working at height regs

i'd say the ladder has the footrests element, so if your attached the a waist belt to the ladder, i'd assume then you could work legitimately hands free?

mind you, in my time have had ladder's hit several times by cars, and twice by invalid chairs while i was aloft, and yes with cones and warning signs set out, so the thought of being tied to the ladder is a bit unsettling.

i also know of at least 3 ceiling fitters who have walked backwards of the manual scaffold towers :rolleyes:

regs

alan

See, there is a use for sky hooks. :rolleyes:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anguscanplay
no typo. I just copy/pasted H&S guide

for me "brief period of time" is just enough to service/fit a bell :P

2. no lone working on a ladder + footing the ladder

The options for securing a ladder are as follows:

where this is not practical, use a safe, unsecured ladder or a ladder

supplemented with an effective ladder stability device

if this is not possible, then securely wedge the ladder, eg against a wall;

if none of the above can be achieved, foot the ladder. Footing is the last resort

and should be avoided

i meant that bit highlighted - see it says i can use a unsecured ladder so if they contradict themselves ?

2. no lone working on a ladder + footing the ladder

The options for securing a ladder are as follows:

where this is not practical, use a safe, unsecured ladder or a ladder

supplemented with an effective ladder stability device

if this is not possible, then securely wedge the ladder, eg against a wall;

if none of the above can be achieved, foot the ladder. Footing is the last resort

and should be avoided

i meant that bit highlighted - see it says i can use a unsecured ladder so if they contradict themselves ?

They don't fall from a great height when driving a desk :rolleyes:

Guest anguscanplay

lunched in kfc today with the wife and kids -theres a sparky with his head inside the top of one of the ovens - live - steps positioned sidewards and deep fat fryer behind him

got quite irate when i started telling him it was all wrong lol

lunched in kfc today with the wife and kids -theres a sparky with his head inside the top of one of the ovens - live - steps positioned sidewards and deep fat fryer behind him

got quite irate when i started telling him it was all wrong lol

Just proves i was right when i tell the kids that you don't know what sh*** they serve up in there. :whistle:

Guest anguscanplay
Just proves i was right when i tell the kids that you don't know what sh*** they serve up in there. :whistle:

always wondered why they put icing powder on the "chicken" lol

i disagree Colin,

in discussions there is always latitude for humour and some decent banter is part and parcel of life. imo such exaggerations often help illuminate or illustrate a point of view in a discussion like this. lets face it, if we want dower strict discussion with draconian rules we'd all go to bible classes where nobody ague's with their moderator :fear:

nobody is being disrespectful or insulting and the thread is staying within bounds imo

regs

alan

I agree, good light hearted banter is good. REFERENCE REMOVED - Arfur

I think modding is good, but it needs to be fair and closing a topic just cause it drifts a little off topic is out of order IMO.

Come on guys, lets start putting some common sence into the modding, just like Arfur and Camerabloke does.

cheers

Dave

SPLAT: Falls off soap box

repeated post removed - Arfur

I too agree with you Dave and in Trade its not a problem and shouldnt be modded for going off topic, however Dave(Service Engineer) wants the public side kept on topic, if a member of the public actually works out how to use the search feature for a change they have to trawl through lots of our inane drivel (speaking for myself obviously) and they dont always get what we find funny.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I too agree with you Dave and in Trade its not a problem and shouldnt be modded for going off topic, however Dave(Service Engineer) wants the public side kept on topic, if a member of the public actually works out how to use the search feature for a change they have to trawl through lots of our inane drivel (speaking for myself obviously) and they dont always get what we find funny.

I can fully appreciate that. Sorry Breff forgot to mention you as one of the good guys as well :lol:

You will know that I always try to help a member of the public where I can and in fact had loads of PM's from them to thank me or attempts to get non approved info :bruce_h4h:

BUT in my opinion some Moderators act like I did in my last year of school being given a prefect badge, comprende?

cheers

Dave

BUT in my opinion some Moderators act like I did in my last year of school being given a prefect badge, comprende?

cheers

Dave

You like any other member is entitled to an opinion, same as the moderators are. We mod on the basis of the rules set by the sites owner, you will find that the people before the any new modding took place, indeed this took place before you reappeared. You have made your feelings known on several occasions now and clearly you do not have all the information in order to have a fair and unbiased appraisal of all that went on.

You may not agree with some of the modding that has taken place and you will find that if you look I personally dont do very much modding at all in the public forums, occasionally remove links or refferences that are not allowed. If you have concerns about any action I take you are more than welcome like any other member to PM me to discuss the actions, generally this is a more productive method of resolving things than tripping over a soap box.

As ever any member may contact the sites owner directly to discuss things. As for loosing members well thats there own choice, we gain new members every day again that is there choice.

You like any other member is entitled to an opinion, same as the moderators are. We mod on the basis of the rules set by the sites owner, you will find that the people before the any new modding took place, indeed this took place before you reappeared. You have made your feelings known on several occasions now and clearly you do not have all the information in order to have a fair and unbiased appraisal of all that went on.

You may not agree with some of the modding that has taken place and you will find that if you look I personally dont do very much modding at all in the public forums, occasionally remove links or refferences that are not allowed. If you have concerns about any action I take you are more than welcome like any other member to PM me to discuss the actions, generally this is a more productive method of resolving things than tripping over a soap box.

As ever any member may contact the sites owner directly to discuss things. As for loosing members well thats there own choice, we gain new members every day again that is there choice.

Colin

I am not the first to disapear then reappear am I????? I seam to remember you did the same ???? Only your disapearance was with a bang!

All I am saying is this is a good forum don't spoil it by over modding posts.

Judging by the PM's I got asking for details of this other forum I mentioned in this post, I am not alone in my opinion.

This is not an anti mod post, although I am a member of the other forum, I want to see this one do well.

Lets leave it at that shall we??

Regards

Dave

This is for everyone -:

if you wish there to be any more discussion about moderation, please do so in a new thread in trade or i will close it - Arfur.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I can fully appreciate that. Sorry Breff forgot to mention you as one of the good guys as well :lol:

You will know that I always try to help a member of the public where I can and in fact had loads of PM's from them to thank me or attempts to get non approved info :bruce_h4h:

inapropriate comment removed - take it to trade - Arfur

cheers

Dave

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I use these Combi-Ladders.

post-1-1126359869_thumb.jpg

At the moment though, no harness.

Before we get back onto topic one question??..Are romec losing so many post offices they have had to go into fixing signs????? :P

Archived