Security Installer Community

[Split - Hiya, just saw this site...] The Perfect Panel?

Barsnake

5 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

A panel cab like swiss cheese will have no strength when Billy burglar comes to try and pull it off the wall.

45 degree downward terminals can be annoying in some instances, if your up against a ceiling for example.

How many manufacturers do fit to say no-one has the perfect panel?

When the burglar gets to the panel it doesnt matter if it has extra 4mm holes in the back, they have already broken through doors or windows, so a polycarb box of any type isnt really an issue, and even if it was they literally just need to remove 2 screws on most panels to take the lid off lol

Having 50 4mm holes in a panel the size of a Texecom R8 which already has FAR more volume missing for cable access is pretty much irrelevant and would barely impact on it structurally as when they are hammered off the wall the screws just widen the screw holes anyway and pull through or the rawl plugs just come out of the wall

I also dont get your point about 45 degree terminals, the 45 degree ones mean you can see the holes clearly whether its right next to the skirting board or right above the ceiling, they have better access full stop regardless of what the panel is next to as they are almost facing forward toward you 

Edited by Ubermik

A panel that can be mounted any way up. 

Rs the domestic market. No proper manufacturer is that interested because that market wants to pay 20 quid for a panel. Where focus should shift imo is home automation and desirable looking keypads

Why mqtt isn't standard I'll never kbow

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

19 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

A panel that can be mounted any way up. 

Rs the domestic market. No proper manufacturer is that interested because that market wants to pay 20 quid for a panel. Where focus should shift imo is home automation and desirable looking keypads

Why mqtt isn't standard I'll never kbow

It's not like software isn't achievable, perhaps these manufacturers are tied up with other parent company products so avoid certain things

Or just don't want to move forward due to cost of development

Bit like rcbos taking years to becoming a standard but it is coming eventually, sorry I know it's a bit different but some things don't make sense 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ubermik said:

When the burglar gets to the panel it doesnt matter if it has extra 4mm holes in the back, they have already broken through doors or windows, so a polycarb box of any type isnt really an issue, and even if it was they literally just need to remove 2 screws on most panels to take the lid off lol

Having 50 4mm holes in a panel the size of a Texecom R8 which already has FAR more volume missing for cable access is pretty much irrelevant and would barely impact on it structurally as when they are hammered off the wall the screws just widen the screw holes anyway and pull through or the rawl plugs just come out of the wall

You haven't been to many systems post-burglary then. Your clearly missing the point...

2 hours ago, Ubermik said:

I also dont get your point about 45 degree terminals, the 45 degree ones mean you can see the holes clearly whether its right next to the skirting board or right above the ceiling, they have better access full stop regardless of what the panel is next to as they are almost facing forward toward you 

Again, from experience fitting kit with 45 degree terminals in awkward spaces, try it. In some places I'd prefer normal decent quality sprung terminals for some things.

15 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

It's not like software isn't achievable, perhaps these manufacturers are tied up with other parent company products so avoid certain things

Or just don't want to move forward due to cost of development

Bit like rcbos taking years to becoming a standard but it is coming eventually, sorry I know it's a bit different but some things don't make sense 

It's nice to have stability tho, pushing out new but flaky software over and over leave people with no confidence in the product. People like consistency...however.

I agree on the RCBO's topic but it's not too comparable, the new standards have forced this and old sparks just want to do the same old thing they did years ago but houses are different.

Alarm controls don't aim to improve (electrical/fire) safety in that way and there is much less margin.

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

You can drill cut holes whatever you want

Don't we have a loony who's always hacking at stuff with grinders & cone drills ?

23 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You haven't been to many systems post-burglary then.

I recently had a camera smashed off the rear of a shop on council estate (the type where all the stock is severed though a hatch)

I can't recall any alarm smashed of the wall in a long time

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

7 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Don't we have a loony who's always hacking at stuff with grinders & cone drills ?

I recently had a camera smashed off the rear of a shop on council estate (the type where all the stock is severed though a hatch)

I can't recall any alarm smashed of the wall in a long time

I wanna be like H (except for eating habits)