Security Installer Community

Scantronic 500R+ low battery

For the past few days my Scantronic 500R+ low battery alarm keeps going off. I've silenced it each time by pressing a bunch of buttons until it stopped, but the low battery light still flashes and it still ends up going off again the next day/night. Lemme tell you, being woken up by this multiple times in the night whist having epilepsy is no fun. I want to disable the whole thing/power completely (the alarm/detection is already always disabled anyway), but apparently this will cause the external alarm to go off for 20 mins? I'd rather not have my neighbours hate me. I can't afford an engineer, I can't even afford new batteries to replace whichever alarm is low. Is there any free way of permanently putting a stop to this? Would really love not to have another epileptic episode tonight. :')

Thanks in advance !

1 hour ago, ijustwantsleep said:

I found that pressing 0 makes it sleep for half an hour but then goes back on and it hasn't stopped any longer than that since. Anyone have any idea please before I end up ripping it out and throwing it into the road?((: The manual is completely useless.

Change battery?

Rip off wall about 10am, let bell ring and then smash bell off after, thats Incase it triggers at nite for reasons only affecting u lol

Edited by al-yeti

I wouldn't pull anything off the wall unless you had a backup plan for if your external sounder will not silence itself; like a set of ladders and basic tools.

There is no magic off button or procedure, that could be exploited.

If you do pull it off the wall just be aware of the electrocution risks.

Everyone assumes there is a code that kills systems. The golden burgler code.

Its not yale it wont be easy to kill. If you want a security system that is easy to defeat keep looking away from our stuff

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

13 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Everyone assumes there is a code that kills systems. The golden burgler code.

Its not yale it wont be easy to kill. If you want a security system that is easy to defeat keep looking away from our stuff

I never new Yale had a kill switch ........

57 minutes ago, ijustwantsleep said:

My brother shut the whole thing off and the battery was so dead that the alarm didn't go off at all anyway lol. So all is good, house is now completely unprotected, I can finally sleep peacefully.

Thanks for the entertaining comments everyone!;)

Sleep peacefully ?