Security Installer Community

Panel Recommendation

1 hour ago, dlucas said:

That would appear to use the Connect push notifications and be free?  No registered installer seems necessary or is that not the case with that model?

Nope. All registered through Texecom Cloud now which needs an installer account.

Most places like this would need approved installer for the system to be worth anything. I can't imagine an insurer would touch it.

The majority of electricians and IT work I have had the pleasure to deal with has been well below par.

That's not to say yours will be, just you can't learn how to install a system from looking at manuals.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Nope. All registered through Texecom Cloud now which needs an installer account.

Most places like this would need approved installer for the system to be worth anything. I can't imagine an insurer would touch it.

The majority of electricians and IT work I have had the pleasure to deal with has been well below par.

That's not to say yours will be, just you can't learn how to install a system from looking at manuals.

I get what you are saying.

We may end up getting somebody in if the insurance is an issue as we are building this facility at an existing sports field which already has security gates and CCTV everywhere along with floodlights.  The other factor will be cost as the building costs have already gone up substantially. We may put something in to act as  deterant and upgrade when we can afford it.

At the moment we are just starting to build the walls.

32 minutes ago, dlucas said:

We may end up getting somebody in if the insurance is an issue

Commercial building will probably state alarm with a level 1 response.

Worse case - break in, badminton rackets ain't worth pinching, there's no petty cash as it all credit cards in 2022, kids doing the robbing have the bright idea to play with matches...

Insurer won't pay the 45k of damages as you've not complied with the small print of the policy,

In 30 odd year of doing F&S I've seen lots of penny pinching which has back fired, I post a lovely example of recent incident in trade ?

34 minutes ago, dlucas said:

The other factor will be cost as the building costs have already gone up substantially. We may put something in to act as  deterant and upgrade when we can afford it.

At the moment we are just starting to build the walls.

Doing it once properly is cheaper than doing it twice.

The alarm is a few % of the build cost, 

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

29 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Commercial building will probably state alarm with a level 1 response.

Worse case - break in, badminton rackets ain't worth pinching, there's no petty cash as it all credit cards in 2022, kids doing the robbing have the bright idea to play with matches...

Insurer won't pay the 45k of damages as you've not complied with the small print of the policy,

In 30 odd year of doing F&S I've seen lots of penny pinching which has back fired, I post a lovely example of recent incident in trade ?

Doing it once properly is cheaper than doing it twice.

The alarm is a few % of the build cost, 

I will have to check on what the insurance situation is going to be as I am not sure who is actually going to end up insuring this new building.  The building could be covered under the existing insurance for the sports and social club that owns all of the other buildings on site.  If not then we need to insure it and then it will depend upon what our policy requires.  I will pass this information to our committee members and see if they can get some information on where things  stand.

Unfortunately we as a trade haven't moved with the times, someone seeing smtp as acceptable shows the misunderstanding. 

We know what proper signalling is but it isn't understood. 

OP you should look at signalling as smtp or push or dialler isn't. I feel that the message is lost (intended) 

If your It a mesaage delayed or failed for x hours is useless to us, we need I'd delivered in ms 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

12 minutes ago, dlucas said:

I will have to check on what the insurance situation is going to be as I am not sure who is actually going to end up insuring this new building.  The building could be covered under the existing insurance for the sports and social club that owns all of the other buildings on site.  If not then we need to insure it and then it will depend upon what our policy requires.  I will pass this information to our committee members and see if they can get some information on where things  stand.

Tbh what I learned is most insurer's (here at least)don't care or mandate a alarm system for most domestics and small low value commercial    the only places I know that demanded a insurance approved alarm are large commercial and high risk commercial   but always check before though   most of my customers just want the alarm for peace of mind and not for insurance 

6 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Unfortunately we as a trade haven't moved with the times, someone seeing smtp as acceptable shows the misunderstanding. 

OP you should look at signalling as smtp or push or dialler isn't. I feel that the message is lost (intended) 

If your It a mesaage delayed or failed for x hours is useless to us, we need I'd delivered in ms 

Yes I completely understand about the delay in message delivery, which the PSTN network handles well, but with the 2025 switch off a lot of stuff is going to become obsolete.

I am well aware of the benefits of an ARC just trying to convince others of the benefits is always going to the hard part.

10 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I agree, comms side is confusing for people not in the trade. We spoke about this recently in trade.

This is why I have purposely been referring to these types of communication as "private reporting" here. IMO It is a better term to describe, non polled self hosted messaging. Using no words related to ARC's or signalling.

But even "proper" signalling have confusing grades. What use is ATS G2 if complete failure is 25 hour response, for example.

I don't think the insurance understand half the time either.

As for PSTN switch off, the alarm industry has been preparing for this for a decade or more. The topic just keeps rolling on and on, all the kit is ready most have been fitting it or upgrading to it for a long time.