Security Installer Community

Panel Recommendation

Hi,

I am looking for advise on a panel recommendation for a small private members sports club.

We are in the process of building a new sports facility and was wondering on what people would recommend.

I am looking for a system that is hard wired (not a fan of Wireless)

I have installed several alarm panels before in a domestic setting (Scantronic / Cooper Security) but I am not in security industry (I am IT systems)

The requirements are probably quite modest, I would think 16-24 zones with the option for zone expanders would be fine.

All zones will be wired EOL configuration and even though it will be unmonitored by an ARC I would prefer it be installed to Grade 3 standard even if the best it could actually achieve would be grade 2x.

GSM Signalling would be fine or if I can get it linked to the internet SMTP email alerts.

I had looked at and do like the the Texecom Premiere Elite range even if it is getting a bit old by today's standards.

The biggest issue I have is that I would prefer each member to have a unique access code.  We have 100 members currently with plans for more when we have the new facility.

I would prefer the panel to be able to programmed over TCP/IP from a software program rather than at the panel.  I know I could use Wintex but I don't think I can import user codes from an external source such as excel.

We are planning on using Paxton Net2 door controllers and would like the the alarm set /unset on entry.  I know I could do this using keyswitch mode on the panel.  Unless I have everybody touch in / out then the system will not know if anybody is left in the building and making everybody use a card to get out would probably be considered annoying.

I will be working on this with a few other club members who are electricians and fire alarm panel installers so we are not quite amateurs.

DIY would be ungraded anyway, even if you aspire to meet the standards.

You can integrate Net2 into most intruder systems, to suit whatever you want if you don't like rollcall then an arming station.

Makes the panel manufacturer irrelevant. Alternatively, flip it the other way and have the intruder control your access but would be less flexible as an access system.

9 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

DIY would be ungraded anyway, even if you aspire to meet the standards.

You can integrate Net2 into most intruder systems, to suit whatever you want if you don't like rollcall then an arming station.

Makes the panel manufacturer irrelevant. Alternatively, flip it the other way and have the intruder control your access but would be less flexible as an access system.

Hi, 

I had not thought of doing it that way.  So use a push to exit button and install a second card reader by the door configured to trigger the alarm panel key switch Zone?

What about import of the access codes per user through software on a TCP/IP connection instead of serial at the panel?

What panel and manufacturer would be your choice?  What is your opinion on Texecom?

Edited by dlucas

Why would you need to import codes if the access is setting it. Paxton have installation notes about how to do this integration to standard with additional readers and ET.

Texecom is my preferred kit, I have no major issues and it fits the way I work. Manufacturer of the kit is not really relevant for a one off job and at commercial end they all do similar.

Every installer fits what suits them.

With so many users I would say it's going to be a full time job managing the place, so I would built the system around that issue first.

Hi,

I have just read the Paxton technical pages on how this works.  That would indeed eliminate the need to issue users codes on the alarm panel.

As you say let the access control system take over and manage the other panel.

Can Wintex now use the SmartCom module to program the panel or do I still need to get the separate Ethernet module?

Thanks.

One last thing you said that the Texecom Smatcom was for registered installers and I can see that mentioned on the Smartcom CEL-0007 but what about the Texecom Connect SmartCom Ethernet and Wifi Communicator CEL-0001

That would appear to use the Connect push notifications and be free?  No registered installer seems necessary or is that not the case with that model?

I see that the push notifications may be unreliable.  Can this be used instead of the COM IP module as it is some what cheaper?  Even if it only gives Local access for Wintex.

Edited by dlucas

3 hours ago, dlucas said:

We are in the process of building a new sports facility and was wondering on what people would recommend.

Get a proper accredited installer to do a proper system

Get proper signalling

Get it maintained properly,

Everything where IT or Electricians have been in involved will be a pile of poop & a waste of money

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God