Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3 power down (Decom)

Mejasper

9 hours ago, Mejasper said:

Peter, you said that the external bell will sound even if I put it in engineers mode.

when the engineers have changed the batteries in the past don’t they put it in antitamper or something to stop it sounding?

No engineers mode wont stop it from sounding, it will still sound when you open the box. Engineers are fairly quick to stop it sounding once its open, and once the battery is disconnected its silent, they can then move the dip switch to 5 sec put the new battery on the sounder will sound for 5 secs they then move the dip back to 20 mins. Nobody can disable the external sounder from sounding without opening it first, unless the battery is already flat, or the sounder is faulty

Generally this is correct you can't open a siren without triggering it, but it will all depend on the system and it's condition tho.

Faulty, poorly installed or wireless may react different.

Engineers mode would disable internal warning devices on tamper, however wired bells (SAB) are self activating, it's in the name.

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Generally this is correct you can't open a siren without triggering it, but it will all depend on the system and it's condition tho.

Faulty, poorly installed or wireless may react different.

Engineers mode would disable internal warning devices on tamper, however wired bells (SAB) are self activating, it's in the name.

Galaxy? Or similar using delta with tamper disable connection to an output when in engineers mode , sure it will disable the tamper ......

3 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Wireless Bell may allow tamper without sounding a wired one shouldnt

Agility is one way wireless, surely two way coms would be required for a panel to tell a bell its in engineer. In the same way it would tell detectors its armed. Im not saying your wrong, but why would manufacturers make a wireless system that disables the bell in engineers and not make a hard wired one that does the same. After all you only need 5 of a 6 core cable to wire an sas so you have a spare if you only use 6 core. Not that I would use it though its sound too much of a risk.

15 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Galaxy? Or similar using delta with tamper disable connection to an output when in engineers mode , sure it will disable the tamper ......

Very few would do it though, too much faff and another thing that could go wrong, with serious consequences, nobody wants a failed to operate on their hands.

OK Pete I don't know the gear you are right on the one way thing but I'd of thought a bell is 2 way. ie trigger 1 way tamper the other way. It's a shame 1 way stuff is still in existence 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

8 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Agility is one way wireless, surely two way coms would be required for a panel to tell a bell its in engineer. In the same way it would tell detectors its armed. Im not saying your wrong, but why would manufacturers make a wireless system that disables the bell in engineers and not make a hard wired one that does the same. After all you only need 5 of a 6 core cable to wire an sas so you have a spare if you only use 6 core. Not that I would use it though its sound too much of a risk.

Very few would do it though, too much faff and another thing that could go wrong, with serious consequences, nobody wants a failed to operate on their hands.

Ok but it's possible

I would always wire it in but leave it dissed at panel for my own use , but then don't use those bells much anymore , shame it's not a standard feature on all bells

12 hours ago, james.wilson said:

OK Pete I don't know the gear you are right on the one way thing but I'd of thought a bell is 2 way. ie trigger 1 way tamper the other way. It's a shame 1 way stuff is still in existence 

Basic two way, send a signal to say its being tampered much like a detector. Not intelligent two way in the respect it knows its in engineer.