Security Installer Community

Alarm upgrade required - recommendations please

Hi All 

I have a 25 year old Veritas wired  alarm and I am wishing to upgrade to a smart hybrid alarm. I like the look of a Risco Lightsys system but I see the installers dont seem to like it, can you tell me why its not liked please.

Alternative is Orisec as we want touchscreen keypads which seems to be a liked system, I have 4 pir's 3 contacts, internal sounder, garage door contact and bell box all wired but a couple of pirs and one contact are in telephone cable so they need to be wireless, so I need 

Bell box wired 

control panel

2 wired  pirs 

2 wireless pirs 

1 wired contact 

2 wireless contact 

any idea of a cost for what I need. is the Risco and Orisec comparable price wise ? Do any other systems do touchscreen keypads ?

Many Thanks 

Most "smart hybrid systems" your not going to get app features without an installer.

If your planning to use an installer they will recommend the kit they support.

Lightsys from my little experience with them go crazy as they age with no obvious cause. Power cycling works as a short term fix.

You're asking about features like apps and touchscreens that IMO are irrelevant to a good system...

Swerve Lightsys, HKC would be my choice if you're having it professionally installed, if your going DIY then it would have to be Orisec or Texe I suppose, I think Pyronix also have some fancy keypad you can use as a door prop when it goes wrong just outside its warranty.