Security Installer Community

Dimension 48

Driller

I’m doing a basic install and on a D48 panel but have come up against some sticking points. I’m very comfortable with the G2 architecture and programming so don’t know whether it’s a firmware thing or if the Dimension is that different. (both?).

Anyway, here are the issues in no particular order:

1) Very embarrassing but I can’t set the alarm! On entering the user code and pressing A the beep continues infinitely and the countdown bar doesn’t move. 

2) I can program a prox tag but even when option 8 (max) is set to timed set, I cannot set the alarm with a tag.

2) During the walk test I can’t hear the zones triggering on the keypad?

3) I did a quick start with 1Kohms across all zones and did the programming. After I powered down and removed battery to connect peripherals and repowered, all programming was forgotten ie memory gone. (I had already removed the piece of card from under the on board battery).

2) Reboots seems to take an age compared to G2?

3) Can’t find the parameter to activate “quick set”. Is there one?  

Thanks in advance for pointing out where I’m being dumb!

ETA Just going through the manual again

Edited by Driller

17 hours ago, Driller said:

1) Very embarrassing but I can’t set the alarm! On entering the user code and pressing A the beep continues infinitely and the countdown bar doesn’t move. 

Don't use 'em....

I'd assume final door or Exit Terminate is enabled ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

1. The exit timer will be at 0 seconds for push to set. Increase it for a countdown.

2. The tag needs set to timed set in the max function within the user menu. Also keep the tag at the reader past the first beep. It's instinctive to pull away, but it needs to be held in place until the countdown starts.

3. Reprogram the A and B keys to do as you wish.

Thank you for your help gentlemen.

4 hours ago, MrHappy said:

I'd assume final door or Exit Terminate is enabled ?

2 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

1. The exit timer will be at 0 seconds for push to set. Increase it for a countdown.

I wondered this but I already set it to 20s (checked this 3 times to be sure) in menu 50, also opening and closing the door (set to Final with door contact) didn’t help, which I thought was how the exit to terminate worked.

2. The tag needs to be set to timed set in the max function within the user menu. Also keep the tag at the reader past the first beep. It's instinctive to pull away, but it needs to be held in place until the countdown starts.

Pretty sure I did this, option 8 max function but I’ll check again.  Yes, same as for the G2 having to hold in it place.

3. Reprogram the A and B keys to do as you wish.

Ok, presumably that’s in the parameters menu also, I’ll have another look.

I’m away from the site for a while (I was panicking trying to get the bloody thing to work with the wife bleating at me “we’ll miss the ferry”. Should’ve stayed and let her catch it alone) so I’ll have another bash when I’m back next.

Edited by Driller

On 26/02/2022 at 16:10, Driller said:

I’m doing a basic install and on a D48 panel but have come up against some sticking points. I’m very comfortable with the G2 architecture and programming so don’t know whether it’s a firmware thing or if the Dimension is that different. (both?).

Anyway, here are the issues in no particular order:

2) I can program a prox tag but even when option 8 (max) is set to timed set, I cannot set the alarm with a tag.

2) During the walk test I can’t hear the zones triggering on the keypad?

3) I did a quick start with 1Kohms across all zones and did the programming. After I powered down and removed battery to connect peripherals and repowered, all programming was forgotten ie memory gone. (I had already removed the piece of card from under the on board battery).

2) Reboots seems to take an age compared to G2?

3) Can’t find the parameter to activate “quick set”. Is there one?  

Thanks in advance for pointing out where I’m being dumb!

ETA Just going through the manual again

If you have defaulted it , it should work out of the box 

However it is possible that your contact is not working or you have wired it up wrong , so panel doesn't actually see it open and close as such 

I am guessing as I didn't think it was that complicated on the dimension to get it to set , unless you are setting groups on and so on , however that's probably not the case 

Picture of your contact would help and your sure you connected the door to the correct zone on the panel 

You can normally hear the reed click if it's working , if it doesn't tap it, see if timer works (don't smack the glass lol)

39 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

If you have defaulted it , it should work out of the box 

However it is possible that your contact is not working or you have wired it up wrong , so panel doesn't actually see it open and close as such 

I am guessing as I didn't think it was that complicated on the dimension to get it to set , unless you are setting groups on and so on , however that's probably not the case 

Picture of your contact would help and your sure you connected the door to the correct zone on the panel 

You can normally hear the reed click if it's working , if it doesn't tap it, see if timer works (don't smack the glass lol)

Hi al-yeti, much appreciated.

Yeah the contact should be fine, as usual after doing the walk test I checked the zone resistances in the test menu by opening and closing doors/windows and activating PIRs and watching them go from go from idle resistance to intruder resistance.

Apparently all is good and no error message came up on the screen on setting either as it does if a zone is open or something.  But the alarm just wouldn’t get out of the countdown.

Contact is a Knight Yend21 with double balance resistors (so set for 1K and 1K for the Galaxy).

At one point I did feel like hitting the reed with a hammer actually  and then the keypad lol

Edited by Driller

3 hours ago, Driller said:

Hi al-yeti, much appreciated.

Yeah the contact should be fine, as usual after doing the walk test I checked the zone resistances in the test menu by opening and closing doors/windows and activating PIRs and watching them go from go from idle resistance to intruder resistance.

Apparently all is good and no error message came up on the screen on setting either as it does if a zone is open or something.  But the alarm just wouldn’t get out of the countdown.

Contact is a Knight Yend21 with double balance resistors (so set for 1K and 1K for the Galaxy).

At one point I did feel like hitting the reed with a hammer actually  and then the keypad lol

what zone are using for the door and what is the zone set as? 

9 hours ago, al-yeti said:

what zone are using for the door and what is the zone set as? 

Door is on zone 1, zone set to “final”.

I’ll have to install a print module to be able to print it out for you. Depending on how long it takes to sort out, it might be worth it lol