Security Installer Community

Dimension 48

Driller

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

Are you arming all groups? 

Check it's all just group a1 maybe

But to make things easier I'd do a topic per issue rather than a list in 1 topic

Default no groups right? Or he says he isn't ....

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2022 at 13:21, james.wilson said:

Are you arming all groups? 

Check it's all just group a1 maybe

But to make things easier I'd do a topic per issue rather than a list in 1 topic

Hi James, 

First time back here since my last post so I’ve just seen yours. Just been on the phone to my sister who’s staying in the place whilst I’m away and got her to go through the motions of setting it.

it was left coming out of engineer mode and asking for ESC to be pushed (that’s how far I got before I raced out of the house to drive to Dover and get the ferry!). After she pressed esc and got it back to normal mode I got her to set the alarm and lo and behold it counted down and set fine.

So whatever I had done in engineer mode before rushing out apparently fixed the problem, that’s how close it was. Can’t remember now of course.

We did have to reprogram the front door as a final zone which was weird as I was sure I did that already and like I said before the panel defaulted after I’d programmed then powered down and removed the battery to add the detectors. Odd.

al-yeti, you are right, no groups programmed or set and panel is brand spanking so should be defaulted already.

Am I the only one who gets paranoid programming these things as there seems to be a lot of « gremlins » but then you never know if it’s just you who’s made a silly mistake?

Alright, you’re pros so please don’t answer that lol

James fair shout for the one-topic one-post thing, I guess it was just a case of panicking a bit as I’d had to leave the site.

Next job is to install the Ethernet module and configure with Galaxy Guy’s app so I’ll start a new topic for that.

Thanks again gents.

Edited by Driller

6 minutes ago, Driller said:

Hi James, 

First time back here since my last post so I’ve just seen yours. Just been on the phone to my sister who’s staying in the place whilst I’m away and got her to go through the motions of setting it.

it was left coming out of engineer mode and asking for ESC to be pushed (that’s how far I got before I raced out of the house to drive to Dover and get the ferry!). After she pressed esc and got it back to normal mode I got her to set the alarm and lo and behold it counted down and set fine.

So whatever I had done in engineer mode before rushing out apparently fixed the problem, that’s how close it was. Can’t remember now of course.

We did have to reprogram the front door as a final zone which was weird as I was sure I did that already and like I said before the panel defaulted after I’d programmed then powered down and removed the battery to add the detectors. Odd.

al-yeti, you are right, no groups programmed or set and panel is brand spanking so should be defaulted already.

Am I the only one who gets paranoid programming these things as there seems to be a lot of « gremlins » but then you never know if it’s just you who’s made a silly mistake?

Alright, you’re pros so please don’t answer that lol

James fair shout for the one-topic one-post thing, I guess it was just a case of panicking a bit as I’d had to leave the site.

Next job is to install the Ethernet module and configure with Galaxy Guy’s app so I’ll start a new topic for that.

Thanks again gents.

It doesn't ask you to press ESC.....

But good DIY bashing ......

14 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

It doesn't ask you to press ESC.....

But good DIY bashing ......

Yeah bashing is the right term lol

Coming out of engineer mode it asks you to press escape a second time, unless I’m going mad of course-which is possible!