Security Installer Community

Replacing Bell Box on Honeywell Galaxy 2

Whiteside46

5 minutes ago, Whiteside46 said:

thanks everyone for your help. 

found the manual online. I’m guessing The Control panel Tamper connection (TR) goes to T on the bell. 

in terms of the 0v for the second T on the bell, should I take that from the panel, or loop it from the 0v in the bell supply? 

06D49088-897E-446E-AB28-3E2640400F88.jpeg

Loop at bell

I assume bell is old , these Normally come with manual

Just now, al-yeti said:

Loop at bell

I assume bell is old , these Normally come with manual

Yes about tamper

Now have you done it yet?????

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got round to switching this over. However There’s something not quite going right. 

so it’s all wired up as the drawing, I think. The leds as flashing. The strobe is working when it’s in alarm. When I remove the cover, the tamper switch activates, setting the sounder and the strobe off. 

The only problem is that when my whole system is in alarm, the strobe is flashing, but the sounder is not on. I’ve measured at the control board, when the system is passive, and also when in alarm, and I am getting 12v between the control panel 0v terminal and the Bell connection in the panel during both scenarios. But the sounder is not on. 

is it something to do with the negative/positive polarity jumpers? I’ve added a picture of my current settings. 

9B0B2BD1-3E80-490E-BC19-40F15FCD5716.jpeg

Just now, Whiteside46 said:

So I finally got round to switching this over. However There’s something not quite going right. 

so it’s all wired up as the drawing, I think. The leds as flashing. The strobe is working when it’s in alarm. When I remove the cover, the tamper switch activates, setting the sounder and the strobe off. 

The only problem is that when my whole system is in alarm, the strobe is flashing, but the sounder is not on. I’ve measured at the control board, when the system is passive, and also when in alarm, and I am getting 12v between the control panel 0v terminal and the Bell connection in the panel during both scenarios. But the sounder is not on. 

is it something to do with the negative/positive polarity jumpers? I’ve added a picture of my current settings. 

9B0B2BD1-3E80-490E-BC19-40F15FCD5716.jpeg

I’m aware the sounder is unplugged in the picture. The tamper alarm was going off when I removed the cover. 

25 minutes ago, Whiteside46 said:

I removed the bell connection at the panel, a touched it to 0v. Bell sounded. 

So then if panel isn't faulty you may have changed the polarity by mistake 

Make sure it's neg and do a panel restart before testing it again

And of course as above did you change bell delay ....

10 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

So then if panel isn't faulty you may have changed the polarity by mistake 

Make sure it's neg and do a panel restart before testing it again

And of course as above did you change bell delay ....

What do you mean by changed polarity by mistake? Strobe works. Bell works on tamper. Just not the command for the bell from the panel. 

how would I go about a panel reset? 

56 minutes ago, Whiteside46 said:

What do you mean by changed polarity by mistake? Strobe works. Bell works on tamper. Just not the command for the bell from the panel. 

how would I go about a panel reset? 

I didn't say panel reset ? 

What's bell tamper got to do with bell trigger?

Other than than that look through menus and manual you will see both options on what you can and cannot change 

10 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I didn't say panel reset ? 

What's bell tamper got to do with bell trigger?

Other than than that look through menus and manual you will see both options on what you can and cannot change 

Apologies, I read it as reset, you said tray a panel restart. What does that mean? 

the tamper on the bell box works, when I open it the strobe and sounder go off. 

when I set the alarm and open a door or window, the strobe goes off, but the sounder does not. 

When the alarm is not set, the bell signal at the panel and the bell box is 12v. 

when the alarm has been set and tripped, in alarm mode, when the strobe is going off and the sounder should be, the bell signal at the panel and the bell box is 12v. 

the Bell delay is set as Off. 

what other sort of settings should I be looking out for? 

I have attached a picture of the old Ventcroft bell box wired up as it was before I removed it. I had disconnected the sounder in the picture. 

04F84D6F-87F3-435C-8DF1-D111D4212F97.jpeg