Security Installer Community

Ring Cameras

35 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

If you're in to stopping the break in then surely you're all about steel doors, smoke cloaks and window bars, because alarms and cctv don't stop break ins they just make you aware it's happened and allow you to investigate post break in

I never said it wasn't consumer, just asked whether it had a role.

How does CCTV make you aware at the time it's happening , your going rely on push notifications lol 

Come on be more serious 

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

How does CCTV make you aware at the time it's happening , your going rely on push notifications lol 

Come on be more serious 

I said it helps with the investigation post break in! Meaning after the break in, it doesn't help with being alerted it's happening. 

You arent the only pro here, I was asking for your thoughts on whether ring cameras could substitute full cctv for domestics which don't need full cctv

57 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

If you're in to stopping the break in then surely you're all about steel doors, smoke cloaks and window bars, because alarms and cctv don't stop break ins they just make you aware it's happened and allow you to investigate post break in

I never said it wasn't consumer, just asked whether it had a role.

its 2020 petrol & battery powered cutting stuff is going to open up most premises despite there psychical security

the nice thing about about alarm is the EWD, twated off the wall at the start of the break starts the 1st signal, unlike cctv it gonna work in power cut & probably gonna signal even when the internet or telephone line get cut.

& its probably in place due to the insurer rather than the subscriber wanting it & the rozzers might even turn up on confirmed alarm

the people with shutters, safes & alarm rarely get robbed

the people with sawn cctv, yale alarm apps ect.. do get robbed

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

10 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

I said it helps with the investigation post break in! Meaning after the break in, it doesn't help with being alerted it's happening. 

You arent the only pro here, I was asking for your thoughts on whether ring cameras could substitute full cctv for domestics which don't need full cctv

I am not a pro 

Ring cameras are not real CCTV , they are door bells and floodlights with a camera on them 

Substitute is just cos they cheap and aimed at DIY market 

You plan to start it as a ring installer hence you fit a door bell get your £60 and your done , I assume this is really y your asking 

12 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I am not a pro 

Ring cameras are not real CCTV , they are door bells and floodlights with a camera on them 

Substitute is just cos they cheap and aimed at DIY market 

You plan to start it as a ring installer hence you fit a door bell get your £60 and your done , I assume this is really y your asking 

Not in the slightest, haven't got time. Too busy working on national infrastructure project and public space.

I was simply curious and that's all. I understand the it will be knocked off the wall etc but that's not the real reason for something like this, it's more for everyday awareness outside your home. Not security.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

Oh, and thanks for all the negative ratings for asking a question on here and getting involved. 

That's what I like about this forum, it's open, friendly, helpful and not at all a bullying environment you are judged in.

That's great , thick skinned , but the red badges look good on you 

Few years you could sell them at auction

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

Oh, and thanks for all the negative ratings for asking a question on here and getting involved.

Personally I only give positive rating -

53 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

That's what I like about this forum, it's open, friendly, helpful and not at all a bullying environment you are judged in.

cause I get bored hearing the whining that from negative ratings

TSI is mostly a bunch of embittered tradesmen ripping the pish of each other

its also quite mild to what it once was ?

• Like 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God