Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9851 engineer mode help

I've moved into a new house which has the hardwired scantronic 9930 control panel and what I think is the 9851 system.

I have successfully managed to change the user number.

As far as I can tell and is marked on the control panel arming A arms all areas. There is no indication for what arming b, c, or d.

Arming b arms something, I just don't know what.

I'd like to set b up for a night mode, but the engineer code in the manual isnt working when trying to get into programming mode. I know you wont give any codes.

Trying to ascertain if the engineer code could have been changed by someone and thats why the default code doesn't work?

I'm following the manual when the system isnt set and pressing 0 followed by engineer code which give me "invalid code". I've hunted around to see if I can find something written down somewhere and no joy.

Any advice? Thanks 

15 minutes ago, StuBond said:

I've moved into a new house which has the hardwired scantronic 9930 control panel and what I think is the 9851 system.

I have successfully managed to change the user number.

As far as I can tell and is marked on the control panel arming A arms all areas. There is no indication for what arming b, c, or d.

Arming b arms something, I just don't know what.

I'd like to set b up for a night mode, but the engineer code in the manual isnt working when trying to get into programming mode. I know you wont give any codes.

Trying to ascertain if the engineer code could have been changed by someone and thats why the default code doesn't work?

I'm following the manual when the system isnt set and pressing 0 followed by engineer code which give me "invalid code". I've hunted around to see if I can find something written down somewhere and no joy.

Any advice? Thanks 

Set b and see if it arms example downstairs , as it may already be done

These systems like the 9651 are often pushed and pushed by diyer until they lose all the programming and eventually require and engineer anyway

The system probably needs servicing and local engineer should be able to do it easily 

But if an alarm is important get something more up-to-date or scrap it and get a dog 

• datadiffusion changed the title to Scantronic 9851 engineer mode help
1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

But if an alarm is important get something more up-to-date

They still make and sell the 9651!!

OP just FYI 9930 is just the keypad model number, thats the old type so tells us your alarm is at least 10 years old.

Where are you getting the manual from - online, or left with the house? Only the requirement for the 'zero' in front of the Eng code

went with the old shape keypad (more or less) so that won't help if you are trying to enter it and the system doesn't like it.

However, any installer and even DIY will have changed the engineer code from default or they need shooting.

Are you sure it's the 9851? Does it have a square metal case or an oblong one?

If you do indeed have the manual it will tell you how to default both codes without loosing the programming, but not a normal

DIY exercise and beware mains voltages in the box.

As above, probably needs a proper service and a new main battery.

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the replies,

The system was last serviced in February 2020 as a condition of the sale to us, so in that respect it should be in full working order and having set it on a and also done a walt test all the sensors and door sensors are working.

I will have a try arming b later and see what is armed and what's not.

The manuals for the 9851 system came in a huge bundle of manuals and docs from when the house was built in 2006 and the panel model is the 9930 model. 9851 is displayed on the screen of the control panels.

I will have a browse through the manuals further to see if I can find out how to default the engineer code. 

I'm not going to mess about with it really as I don't want to break what seems to be a fully working system.

I have a dog, he's bloody useless!

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, StuBond said:

Thanks for the replies,

The system was last serviced in February 2020 as a condition of the sale to us, so in that respect it should be in full working order and having set it on a and also done a walt test all the sensors and door sensors are working.

The manuals for the 9851 system came in a huge bundle of manuals and docs from when the house was built in 2006 and the panel model is the 9930 model. 9851 is displayed on the screen of the control panels.

I will have a browse through the manuals further to see if I can find out how to default the engineer code. 

I'm not going to mess about with it really as I don't want to break what seems to be a fully working system.

Thanks again.

If you get into engineers , do your self a favour don't click yes to "default" ........

4 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

They still make and sell the 9651!!

Yes dude one panel I still don't mind going out to fix , I had to use the zero tho

3 hours ago, StuBond said:

Thanks for the replies,

Thanks again.

They really should have left a list of zones indicating part sets, but failing that usually part b in a 2 storey house would be perimeter zones eg doors, garage etc... if fitted and any rooms beyond the journey from the stairs to the keypad. Sometimes, it may be set up so that straying in the morning eg walking into the kitchen/lounge only starts an audible timer as a reminder to unset rather than an instant alarm.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

4 hours ago, StuBond said:

Ive got one of them, all he does is eat sleep and woof at cats, he cant even make a cup of tea lazy bastard, I wont get another one 

19 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Ive got one of them, all he does is eat sleep and woof at cats, he cant even make a cup of tea lazy bastard, I wont get another one 

I think our dog sees us as a barrier to what would otherwise be an even better lifestyle

After creating a new game with the kids, dispatching them to various rooms and back before the alarm goes off, we have determined that b is set to more or less how I'd like it at night.

I appreciate the replies.

Thank you

10 hours ago, MrHappy said:

yeah, your holding him back...

Her, you sexist.

We used to have two dogs, one that thought we were ace and the other who couldn't really give one

Guess which one we ended up lumbered with. I bet she'll live to something like 18 as well.

If it's a 9851 it's likely to have a fair few devices on it, maybe some wireless. Have you seen any RFX modules (A5 sized white boxes)?

I would say if it been well maintained chances are the previous owner will have used it and likely to be setup for (bed) B set of some description.

You should consider enquiring about keeping an annual maintenance going with the installer.

18 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I would say if it been well maintained chances are the previous owner will have used it and likely to be setup for (bed) B set of some description.

How the last user had it set up & how the current user expects it to work are probably quite different

Mr? Veritas God