Security Installer Community

Scantronic 4600 door contacts not functioning

Johnc

1 hour ago, Johnc said:

Should I try disconnecting the backup battery that sits inside the 4600 control panel, power of the mains to the house. Wait a couple of minutes, reconnect the battery and switch on the mains. Would that reset the panel? Or would it loose all the codes when power is restored. Ie all the other zones would they be operational if no dips are touched

Thank you

You ever see terminator?

• Upvote 1

What the magnet jobbies or the actual Arn1e product?

I've got a brand new magnetic one in the stores but no magnet key! Not sure where it came from or why I keep it.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

The magnetic ones were used by both Modern and ADT I still have a couple of leather fobs somewhere. 

The smaller elmdene ones were the replacement and had a set led in the ring which were never used because of the regs but seemed light years ahead of the mag ones. Both had a really positive action, the mag with a clunk as it drew the ball bearing up and the other had a really nice quality 'click' to it. 

I only fitted maybe 1/2 dozen ARN1E ones and tbf I think they were over engineered for the application, ADT obviously thought they were overpriced. From memory they were 3-4 times the cost of the others. 

If I can find the fob I'll post it out to you, neither are new sadly though. 

• Like 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

That would be ace - let me know and I'll hapilly email a prepaid RM label.

I actually fitted a few of the LED ones including on my own house (once, bizarrely one of the parcel guys commented "how cool it was and where could he buy one") because I'd wired it to trigger the

doorbell as well as ET. I did actually use the LED ones for various purposes, since no-one was going to tell me off for it.

Fitted one arnie and have both(?) models on the shelf. Can't now imagine when I'd ever fit any ET.

Agree about the arnie since when was ET vandalism a massive issue anyway? If it was I guess at least

it would usually happen overnight, after setting, given the premises the whole day to get a call in!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

lol, just remembered where one is, it's in a rental so I looked on the inventory and sure enough....

You're welcome to it the next time I visit.

I'll check the garage for the other too.

image.png.e70ffc98242121b116fe02e30cecbb33.png

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

In your shoes Id buy a grade 1 surface contact and remove the reed from that

This is worth the try 

Providing you know how to solder and not butcher 

I'd suggest it's past it. But if you want to keep it I'd bridge the Reed and use the external connections only. But as its the oldest electronic thing in your house it must be time to upgrade or if your not fussed just decommission it

You ought to look into wireless polling etc not just assume a signal will make it. The rf environment is way different now than when that was considered good

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

45 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I'd suggest it's past it. But if you want to keep it I'd bridge the Reed and use the external connections only. But as its the oldest electronic thing in your house it must be time to upgrade or if your not fussed just decommission it

You ought to look into wireless polling etc not just assume a signal will make it. The rf environment is way different now than when that was considered good

Actually that might be better but you could also cut the reed up top and use the legs to solder to rather than messing the board up

Agreed about rf

Exactly if it's the on board reed, just wire externally and jumper the on-board.

(I mean honestly I'd bin the lot as discussed ad-infinitum but that is at least a no-solder solution)

Edited by datadiffusion

3 hours ago, Johnc said:

Changed the reed switch. All works fine now. Good for another 20 years

Thank you so much to everyone that responded

Good job 

Although 20years? Hahaha

4 hours ago, Johnc said:

Changed the reed switch. All works fine now. Good for another 20 years

Thank you so much to everyone that responded

well done,

you'll now be able to put you feet up & listen to your 8 track or maybe give your talbot solara another coat of autoglym...

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

14 minutes ago, Johnc said:

Actually 8 track are collectors  items

gosh really, I even heard of misfits who collecting alarms

14 minutes ago, Johnc said:

ford anglia

almost everyone that's in use won't be the sole "daily driver in the house hold

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

I should go back to hosting tsi on Windows nt4 with iis. It works still

Just stick to the 8.1 and Peter back it up on disc