Security Installer Community

Scantronic 4600 door contacts not functioning

Johnc

Problem still the same . I removed board and replaced it with the one  on front door( which works fine)  which requires no additional wires, ( just the board in casing on door frame and a magnet on the door ) without changing any of the dip switches. It does not read the magnet on the front door. If unit was ok I would expect it to read that zone. As soon as you open or close the door under normal circumstances the red led light should come on.

My deduction is the unit communicates ok with scantronics 4600 control box.

The tempers work ok because if if move the board in your hand the tamper alarm goes off.

It does not read contact with door magnet.

I found a scantronics control box and 3 pirs on Ebay 2nd hand but could be a risk. If I could replace faulty contact with a pir in the same location that would work. Any advice or would I be wasting my money

Tried looping cables and re inserted board into housing and tested it but the tamper alarm always goes when when trying a walk test

On the front door is only the unit. There are no cables at all. All 4 terminals are empty.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions

20200424_144639_resized.jpg

20200424_175851_resized.jpg

20200424_180605_resized.jpg

20200424_175409_resized.jpg

Lumii_20200424_184642124.jpg

Sorry meant to add enabled battery dip switch for testing purposes

im not sure i recall that panel due to age but is the zone light on as well or just the tamper light. Also when you close both tamper switches do you get the tx led to flash on the contact?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 minutes ago, Johnc said:

Yes the zone in question also illuminates. I had taped both tamper switches. The red led can still set the tamper alarm on the 4600 panel

ok then id next be metering the back of the board on each switch to see if the tamper switches themselves. If not it is totally knackered

55 minutes ago, Johnc said:

Yes the zone in question also illuminates. I had taped both tamper switches. The red led can still set the tamper alarm on the 4600 panel

ideally you need an alarm man who been at it a long time or is experienced with working with old tat

if you don't have yours maintained there gonna be no one with experience of working with it, the bloke who once fitted them are either dead, retired, no longer on the tools or chucked it & doing something else

so you appear to have either got a fault on the tamper switch or the tamper terminals 

if you've very luck you may be able to bridge the switch or rework the terminals with an iron.

also work all the dil switch up & down a few times, just encase the address is not right

personally I'd have ripped out & stamped on it years ago.

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

20 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

personally I'd have ripped out & stamped on it years ago.

if its important to you then as Mr H its long out of date, working for the minute you test it is one thing working to rely on is another. Id say the 46xx series went obsolete mid 90's? If its not important then turn it off. I doubt any of the pro members on here still have your system on any support contract. There is a reason for that. One thing is it was a very good system in its day

Yeah I think most died simply because Scanny insisted "only they could change the batteries" as well!

Probably was mid 90s at most, although, were available as spares until a frighteningly late date, I swear I've a couple of 4000 series bits with 2002 manf. labels

Even the early 418Mhz stuff came and went since, let alone the 433Mhz and 816Mhz stuff!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands