Security Installer Community

Scantronic 4600 door contacts not functioning

Johnc

12 hours ago, MrHappy said:

if you don't have yours maintained there gonna be no one with experience of working with it, the bloke who once fitted them are either dead, retired, no longer on the tools or chucked it & doing something else

I used to install these but, its so long since Ive seen one Ive forgotten. I was only saying to James the other day I used to know the G500 inside out, I couldnt even tell you how to change the code nowadays. But ask me anything on the HKC panel or Guardpoint Pro, or Dahua CCTV,  and I will find a way of charging you for the information. 

• Upvote 1

Ford Scorpio, these are a similar age to 4600 but cost a lot more £ at the time

see many on the road ?

expect to get parts easily for one ?

expect the local ford agent to support one ?

expect the people who where experts in 'em 25yrs ago to be still around?

I could attend & look at a 4600, probably bodge a broken transmitter back to life or wait for used / BNIB  to turn up on fleabay.

2 visits is gonna probably going to cost half the cost of new system.

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Thanks everyone for their comments. Have put a smile on my face considering worldwide issues with the pandemic.

good old CRT TV's and Videos. Nostalgia going down blockbusters to rent the latest movie.

Before I throw this unit in the bin: 

Please  see attached file it seems to me if I enter engineering mode then 5 followed by 4 for zone 4 then clear it should remove that zone altogether from the control panel.
If I can remove offending Zone altogether this would do till lockdown is over.
 just sanity checking.i have disabled the batteries on 2 contacts, zone 4 the faulty one and zone 2 another door ( which I know works) , so 2 units have batteries disabled via dip switches on the units but if I do walk test on the alarm panel it still shows a tamper fault for zone 4.  I believe the control box has got its pants in a twist.
Page 5 to 7 of document
Ay thoughts to keep it running in the interim?

PS My thoughts have always been "if it works leave it alone" - i bet a new system wont last 25 years.....
Like todays cars all plastic and electronics to go wrong..... 

Many thanks

Edited by MrHappy
manaual removed

as I under stand it, changing the programming has no effect there just options ?

the devices have a site code & a zone select on the dil switches

changes these takes it off the system, its dumb & the field devices are unsupervised ?

the panel will either reset off your code or need power cycle

unless an alarm man has been & poked with a screwdriver recently it unlikely that it been working properly for 25yr, even though you might set it every day & it never false alarms...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Should I try disconnecting the backup battery that sits inside the 4600 control panel, power of the mains to the house. Wait a couple of minutes, reconnect the battery and switch on the mains. Would that reset the panel? Or would it loose all the codes when power is restored. Ie all the other zones would they be operational if no dips are touched

Thank you