Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer back up communication

Terminator786

Hi guys

Im looking to have a pyronix system installed but have a question which i have asked many people yet nobody can answer.

Im looking at the enforcer v10 kit 3 

https://connectec.uk/security/intruder-alarms/wireless-alarm-systems/wireless-alarm-panels-and-kits/pyronix-enforcer-wireless-intruder-alarm-kit-enf-kit3-uk?gclid=Cj0KCQjws_r0BRCwARIsAMxfDRgQpwNsdzeDTOPwWa_3P0Tdp_aiLn6yeEOPUCgzMoYV5vu4r2x_5jMaAsyUEALw_wcB

What im trying to figure out is if i can add digi-gprs + sim module as a back up? 

My neighbours house was broken in to but he had no idea because thieves had turned of his router as soon as they got in. 

I don't know the Enforcer but even with two paths or a backup by using two modules it not going to help in a targeted attack without some polling functionality.

You can have all the connections to off-site but if there is nothing checking they are functional they could be compromised without you knowing.

Installers would install signalling units that have a polling feature if any path is down you would be told.

Hi guys

Yes they knew if they turned the router off it would not send any warning to the homeowner but also would not allow them to log in to the nvr to check the cameras. In any event as they stole the nvr it would not have helped the homeowner.

What is polling? And can i connect to module to 1 system?

Edited by Terminator786

7 minutes ago, Terminator786 said:

What is polling?

Polling is where a path (say ethernet or 4g) is polled every x seconds/minutes to check the path is actually available to deliver alarm events. The comms device sends a signal that is acknowledged and responding to. After x no of failures and event is reporting to the monitoring station of a total polling loss. This is then reported to the monitoring station as a total comms lost and is reported to the police if armed(on URN systems)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The idea behind switching the router off is to minimise the chance of push notification and recording data to cloud/disk, or in case they didn't find the NVR before being disturbed.

Polling is where the alarm system, on a regular basis (ideally every minute or so) contacts a server (usually a monitoring company) to make sure the alarm messages are received.

If the system was compromised either before or during a break in a message would be received at the server to say the site has "failed to respond" and you can be notified. 

11 hours ago, Terminator786 said:

Does the pyronix system have this feature? Should the installer not know how to set it up can it be done by me for example?

The third path is the 786 ;)

The problem would be the server its polling, if that server its polling doesnt tell you that its not receiving the polls then there is no point. Polling via a Alarm Receiving Centre is the most reliable way to prevent this sort of targeted attack. and that is what I would recommend if you want to be sure  

From what i can make out the Texe Pyronix and Risco app based alarms have all gone down regularly in one way or another. Not sure about Honeywell and  Eaton but HKC has been 100% more reliable than the other three.

Either that or just use GSM, hide your router, make sure that the BB line cannot be tampered with from the outside if you really must go self monitoring and you feel you could be targeted in this way 

22 hours ago, james.wilson said:

agreed on the uptime, we should set up something to monitor the systems. Us knowing they fail is different to having stats to show they do.

I see this sort of stuff on FB all the time this one has just popped up, now I understand this is a beta version but we know that even beta tested stuff with some manufactures wouldn't be released without making sure it works 

image.png