Security Installer Community

Texecom Wireless Smoke Detector Problem

David N

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Ah... so even though the C4 is connected via IP, the detectors are prevented from sleeping.

That's probably why then, I'm very surprised that is 'recommended' by Texe on the grounds of battery life.

It’s also pretty crappy tbh as it doesn’t always pick up movement and trigger lights.  

They installers plan to replace the two smokes that are going off with “Premier Elite Optical & Heat Fire Detector

Ricochet Mesh Technology 868Mhz

85dB(A) built in sounder”.  Might just go with this and see if this is better given the ageing sensor input. 

1 hour ago, David N said:

It’s also pretty crappy tbh

As I say, I imagine that even in 'always awake' mode, it still has battery protection and will only send a signal every few minutes or so like most wireless PIRs?

As for carrying on with a smoke in the Kitchen, I'd bin your installers!

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If the PIR's don't trigger the lights everytime they will be on Auto, so sleep on activation.

Batteries in the PIR's are Lithium CR123. Wireless smokes are AAA's.

Texecom come with Duracell as standard. Smokes and PIR's should definitely get a year. Shocks and Contacts normally 2 years.

There is a user battery replacement option on the Texe but it depends which firmware version.

They are replacing like for like then, you'll have to see how you go but I would look at another option or resite myself.

6 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If the PIR's don't trigger the lights everytime they will be on Auto, so sleep on activation.

Batteries in the PIR's are Lithium CR123. Wireless smokes are AAA's.

Texecom come with Duracell as standard. Smokes and PIR's should definitely get a year. Shocks and Contacts normally 2 years.

There is a user battery replacement option on the Texe but it depends which firmware version.

They are replacing like for like then, you'll have to see how you go but I would look at another option or resite myself.

Dude when you mean get a year , is that minimum? Whats maximum you seen them work?

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Dude when you mean get a year , is that minimum? Whats maximum you seen them work?

If they are not allowed to 'deep sleep' when unset I can totally believe a year being about right? As I imagine the irony of 2-way not being allowed to turn themselves off would be more battery usage compared to 1-way.

15 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

There is a user battery replacement option on the Texe

That sounds interesting, does the battery have to have been low first, and then does it sort of talk the user through it on the screen and not allow them to exit the battery change function until the tamper is back and the unit has been walktested?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

16 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

If they are not allowed to 'deep sleep' when unset I can totally believe a year being about right? As I imagine the irony of 2-way not being allowed to turn themselves off would be more battery usage compared to 1-way.

That sounds interesting, does the battery have to have been low first, and then does it sort of talk the user through it on the screen and not allow them to exit the battery change function until the tamper is back and the unit has been walktested?

Hkc 3 years easy

Minimum, maximum can be about four years if never activated.

The is an option in the Master User Menu it gives you a period of time to replace batteries, TBH I have seen the option but never tried it, not had time to flash the test panel recently.

It has to be enabled in the engineers for the option to be enabled to the master user only.