Security Installer Community

Optima Plus - Anyone familiar with this old system?

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help.  I've just powered up my Optima Plus system after having to re-fix the control unit to the wall. It's been powered off for several months but it seems to have remembered my codes.

I'm having trouble getting it back in service and need some help with a mysterious error code.  Any help - or even a visit if you're not far from London - would be great.  Thanks, Tim

2 hours ago, Bunster said:

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help.  I've just powered up my Optima Plus system after having to re-fix the control unit to the wall. It's been powered off for several months but it seems to have remembered my codes.

I'm having trouble getting it back in service and need some help with a mysterious error code.  Any help - or even a visit if you're not far from London - would be great.  Thanks, Tim

Pictures? Error code description?

Yes, flat grey buttons.

Here's what happens:

Power on - Immediately the internal sounder goes off

Enter customer code - Display shows 'U'  and the sounder now just beeps every 3 seconds

Press Reset - Display now shows 'E'

Enter Engineer Code - Display shows '6' and the Tamper LED lights.  Beeping stops.

That's as far as I can get. 

On my system Zone 6 is unused and the alarm and anti-tamper terminals are bridged.  So I don't think the problem is a tamper at zone 6.

One other thing - the battery was almost flat - down to 3 volts.  Reading another earlier post, that may cause a problem?

Anyway, all thoughts welcome!