Security Installer Community

Risco LightSYSTM2 - Won't Install

Someone fitted a Risco alarm for me a while back and it was working fine but then we started having problems with it and we just left it off for a year or so. I thought I'd try to fix it recently and i powered it down totally and starting it up again it is stuck on a screen with ****. 

A couple of photos are below. I am not an expert but I can re-wire etc if I need to just not sure what the issue below is. If someone could help would be great. 

alaram-1.jpeg

alarm-2.jpeg

5 hours ago, neoalarms said:

Someone fitted a Risco alarm for me a while back and it was working fine but then we started having problems with it and we just left it off for a year or so. I thought I'd try to fix it recently and i powered it down totally and starting it up again it is stuck on a screen with ****. 

A couple of photos are below. I am not an expert but I can re-wire etc if I need to just not sure what the issue below is. If someone could help would be great. 

alaram-1.jpeg

alarm-2.jpeg

Proper mashed up system I surprised risco have not become like mdt

Op you better look for a manual and start reading there's no easy way on this system, seems you have time as well as it's been off for so long anyway

I assume you went into menus and selected reset and then that came up yes?

8 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

A system that you press enter and it Installs itself... maybe it will catch on.

I'd assume anyone using the kit would program via udl ?

The only positive thing I can say about the kit..... it will sell on ebay ;)

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

A system that you press enter and it Installs itself... maybe it will catch on.

I never said it would install itself I came here hopefully looking for some help, If i somehow have come across as some kind of Alarm Ludite then I can only apologise 

• Downvote 1

Sorry if you are disappointed with by comical remark (maybe more comical to people in the trade, I suppose). Unfortunately it's not a panel I would ever plan to install or takeover so I can offer minimal assistance with what you have posted so far.

I look after very little Risco stuff and I'd like to keep it that way, they are pretty horrid to work on as mentioned above.

Did the system failure happen at a specific time? As you seem to consider a cable fault maybe possible, unusual on a fairly new system unless installed poorly.

Maybe start with wiring the keypad on a new short test lead to the controls and power up again? This is assuming you have a manual and programming access to not lock the panel out (engineer reset on tamper)

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Proper mashed up system I surprised risco have not become like mdt

Op you better look for a manual and start reading there's no easy way on this system, seems you have time as well as it's been off for so long anyway

I assume you went into menus and selected reset and then that came up yes?

Op did you go through menus and select reset of some kind and then that appeared on keypad ?

Thought I would ask again incase missed the question