Security Installer Community

Optima compact gen4

Jack2000

Newbie on here - am not an engineer, but have some experience in wiring, have installed a few systems successfully, though straightforward and simple ones.

Jut fitted a new Optima compact gen4 (LED and no external keypad) and as expected - in alarm state as soon as its powered up, so logic(?) i enter the default code - no change, try the engineers code - nothing - I am stuck with it.

no faults showing, not even tamper on cover, but just the red power LCD, as though armed/set I believe.

Have done both reset to factory settings and reset user codes procedures (link from SET to PA or TAMP respectively) - no change there.

set up 'as it arrived' apart from my 3 zones connected, maybe I've got a link in that shouldn't be or vice versa?

grateful for any ideas anyone?

panel 1-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack2000 said:

Newbie on here - am not an engineer, but have some experience in wiring, have installed a few systems successfully, though straightforward and simple ones.

Jut fitted a new Optima compact gen4 (LED and no external keypad) and as expected - in alarm state as soon as its powered up, so logic(?) i enter the default code - no change, try the engineers code - nothing - I am stuck with it.

no faults showing, not even tamper on cover, but just the red power LCD, as though armed/set I believe.

Have done both reset to factory settings and reset user codes procedures (link from SET to PA or TAMP respectively) - no change there.

set up 'as it arrived' apart from my 3 zones connected, maybe I've got a link in that shouldn't be or vice versa?

grateful for any ideas anyone?

panel 1-1.jpg

Do the keys respond in anyway when you press them

to Al- yeti - no - except for a slight 'beep' when the 3 of the default 0123 code is pressed.

Mr happy - Ah - not sure - so on the as delivered panel (per diagram) - PA  - TAMP and SCB are still there - plus TAMP on the left hand site connectors

Edited by Jack2000

42 minutes ago, Jack2000 said:

to Al- yeti - no - except for a slight 'beep' when the 3 of the default 0123 code is pressed.

Mr happy - Ah - not sure - so on the as delivered panel (per diagram) - PA  - TAMP and SCB are still there - plus TAMP on the left hand site connectors

Can you take a picture with the top cover off?

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Can you take a picture with the top cover off?

Maybe that you have damage the ribbon cable or its not in properly , power down and insert correctly and try again 

1 hour ago, Jack2000 said:

no need for a picture Al-yeti, you are indeed a star - it was the ribbon cable - pushed the connector home and bingo. Can't thank you enough, get down the boozer - I'll buy you a pint.

what a bleeding relief!

I learnt that here at TSI

Thanks to alarm monkies

• Like 1