Security Installer Community

mrmonty

Hello all

Just come across this forum and hoping for some advice.

I have a Concept burglar alarm system which I installed around the early nineties. It has been absolutely fine, no issues but the remote keypad is starting to show its age.

The buttons membrane is cracked and some buttons are taking quite a lot of pressure to operate.

Is it easy/possible to replace the keypad with a modern one.

I'm hoping someone can remember this system!

Thanks

Chris

1 hour ago, mrmonty said:

Hello all

Just come across this forum and hoping for some advice.

I have a Concept burglar alarm system which I installed around the early nineties. It has been absolutely fine, no issues but the remote keypad is starting to show its age.

The buttons membrane is cracked and some buttons are taking quite a lot of pressure to operate.

Is it easy/possible to replace the keypad with a modern one.

I'm hoping someone can remember this system!

Thanks

Chris

Doesn't make sense at all to keep this going 

Id say you have had good value for money from it, I cant think of many 25 year old electronic products that people decide to keep going.

Maybe its because I see so many burglaries and the damage that they do to people, but I find it really hard to understand why people scrimp when it comes to their security. An alarm panel is designed to protect you and the people you love from being burgled, or worse, so why scrimp, it just doesnt make sense to me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

Id say you have had good value for money from it, I cant think of many 25 year old electronic products that people decide to keep going.

Maybe its because I see so many burglaries and the damage that they do to people, but I find it really hard to understand why people scrimp when it comes to their security. An alarm panel is designed to protect you and the people you love from being burgled, or worse, so why scrimp, it just doesnt make sense to me. 

Your upvotes are at £299 by the way

On 15/09/2018 at 11:03, mrmonty said:

Hi, thanks for the advice, wasn’t looking to scrimp at all. I was just wondering what was possible for the least amount of hassle. I do take my home security very seriously. I will look to replace the system for an up to date one thanks.

Any recommendations?

Sometimes fixing something old is more trouble than its worth, especially when it is obsolete and you can no longer buy new parts for it. 

I would recommend you get three quotes, I would also recommend you use a company that is approved by an inspectorate, and choose the company that you are most comfortable with.

The cables will probably be fine so thats a big saving, dont buy wireless unless you think there could be a problem with the cables 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1