Security Installer Community

cableing under floor

Guest jamie

Now thats where the skill part comes into effect :)

30082[/snapback]

I think that should be luck. ;) All the new-builds I've worked in you'd never work out where the pipes were after the ceilings and floors were in unless you had just drilled through it!

I think that should be luck.  ;) All the new-builds I've worked in you'd never work out where the pipes were after the ceilings and floors were in unless you had just drilled through it!

30094[/snapback]

Been there Done that, using the same technique, managed to cut through a high pressure council boiler fed pipe :(

not for the faint hearted, your a braver man than me Dave.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Been there Done that, using the same technique, managed to cut through a high pressure council boiler fed pipe
I can honestly say I have never ever even browsed a pipe in what must be 200+ installs done this way. My secret being a thin 6"" screwdriver to gently push through and probe around underneath with. I know this isnt the fastest way but done without time being an issue you`d never know I was there. :)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I can honestly say I have never ever even browsed a pipe in what must be 200+ installs done this way. My secret being a thin 6"" screwdriver to gently push through and probe around underneath with. I know this isnt the fastest way but done without time being an issue you`d never know I was there. :)

30100[/snapback]

Knowing my luck i'd push it into a cable and electrocute myself :unsure:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I can honestly say I have never ever even browsed a pipe in what must be 200+ installs done this way.

30100[/snapback]

Guess what's going to happen tomorrow then! :whistle:

I like Daves up and over methed, never thought of that before. Would be no worries if you had a stud/pipe detector?

I used to take a good few hours planning jobs where chip board has been used, theres always a way if you think about changing where you were going to put your equipment.

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Guest Dave the alarm man

Lift flooring ????? in a House?????

You crazy fools

My firm just tacks & goes :D

if have a sqeaky floor a dab of talc does wonders & uses up those christmas stocks of brut / old spice :D

Archived