Security Installer Community

cableing under floor

Guest jamie

I have to say that my view has changed recently on DIY outlets selling 'pro' equipment. I did start looking at the Texecom Premier kit but have decided against it now as it's available in most public areas. At one time I thought that if it is decent equipment then it doesn't matter who installs it, but when you walk into a house\shop\anywhere and see equipment that is available from diy stores fitted then your work is instantly devalued.

Gardiners account application form is at the ready!

Won`t be long before other major manufacturers start to supply to supposed trade only outlets.

Wait n see who`s up for boycotting next :)

Gardner Security are just as bad as all others listed here so far, they`ll sell to anyone with the dosh.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Getting back to the chipboard flooring. I was installing on a newbuild and was cutting up some chipboard flooring in a bed room when the site forman came in. He stopped me and started moaning!!

He said I shouldn't cut up the flooring as I had now damaged both the water proof layer and also the fire retardent properties.

He informed me that the flooring no longer conformed to building regulations and would have to be relayed.

I dont know how true this is or if the forman was just having a bad day, but after that I no longer lifted chipboard floors.

Ian. (keiko)

Archived