Security Installer Community

cableing under floor

Guest jamie

I always take up the chipboard in large sheets to keep the strength in it adding extra timber if required. Circular saw to the exact depth and punch the nails into the joists because you can never pull them out. I think it is the problem of being a sparks that cables belong under the floor.

Paul

Trade Member

Guest Dave the alarm man
Oh Dear  :no:  your a DIY`er then..?

30169[/snapback]

Yep regions largest installation co.

All staff fully trained in hunt & fish method. :cry:

You wouldn't bve Five Star in manchester by any chance? Well dodgy, or house bashers as they are known. Cables stapled up walls. And they usually use one eight core into the loft and branch off that. Most of the times they use single wire circuit connection (+ve as return) for PIRs.

Dogiest outfit in the North West, but so many people use them??

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Talking about cabling under the floor - I hate bloody laminate flooring that people who want alarms installing have put down upstairs in every room and landing - so you cant get the damn boards up, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Yes - I did have one of these installs yesterday!! sods,

Laminate everywhere except bathroom,

Luckily I got boards up in bathroom (dont worry panel not in bathroom - just needed these boards up for access ;) ) and fished all the cables to passives using a 8ft piece of trunking with a fish on the end (compact house), - the joists ran in my favour with one long run with no ties?!?

But what would have happened if that was not the case, bloody laminate!

Rant over - thx for listening :realmad:

The amount of times Ive removed the quadrant and ran the cables round the edge!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The amount of times Ive removed the quadrant and ran the cables round the edge!

30666[/snapback]

would you believe - no edging in the rooms either!!!!! :no:

would you beleive - no edging in the rooms either

I Cancelled one about 3 months ago. Upon arrival the bloke said he`d just had all this new flooring fitted and that I wasnt to touch it..? Turned out the entire house was done, except the bathroom, which had just been floor tiled.

Needless to say I couldnt do a thing..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I Cancelled one about 3 months ago. Upon arrival the bloke said he`d just had all this new flooring fitted and that I wasnt to touch it..? Turned out the entire house was done, except the bathroom, which had just been floor tiled.

Needless to say I couldnt do a thing..?

30671[/snapback]

I was going to do the same - when the bloke said hed get the floor up in the bathroom (newly laid T&G ready for varnishing :o ) I said I wouldnt touch it! - he lifted the boards, and I did the install then, if he hadnt agreed to damage his own floor I would have cancelled! :whistle:

Archived