Security Installer Community

cableing under floor

Guest jamie

Anyone seen the new wireless kit at CEF. Fancy brochures offering a complete system, which looks pretty good, and even 24/7 monitoring and keyholder alert. Again it's a real shame that manufacturers are aiming security equipment at end users as the kit looks quite good (not sure if it conforms to EN regs though). Anyone with a bit of an idea about DIY wiring would be able to install this system and have it 'monitored' with absolutely no installer intervention.

I'll upload the brochure or find a link later and see what you guys think.

If you don't know......ask.

Anyone seen the new wireless kit at CEF.

30695[/snapback]

Wouldn't be the Logisty kit would it? There seems to be quite a few breakfast mornings at our CEF with them.

Anyone seen the new wireless kit at CEF. Fancy brochures offering a complete system, which looks pretty good, and even 24/7 monitoring and keyholder alert. Again it's a real shame that manufacturers are aiming security equipment at end users as the kit looks quite good (not sure if it conforms to EN regs though). Anyone with a bit of an idea about DIY wiring would be able to install this system and have it 'monitored' with absolutely no installer intervention.

I'll upload the brochure or find a link later and see what you guys think.

30695[/snapback]

if there is no installer intervention why sell it through a trade outlet?

if there is no installer intervention why sell it through a trade outlet?

30706[/snapback]

CEF is only loosely based on a trade outlet. There's more DIYers in whenever I go to one, probably as they only sell cheap tat unless you order some decent gear in especially.

You wouldn't bve Five Star in manchester by any chance? Well dodgy, or house bashers as they are known. Cables stapled up walls. And they usually use one eight core into the loft and branch off that. Most of the times they use single wire circuit connection (+ve as return) for PIRs.

Dogiest outfit in the North West, but so many people use them??

30584[/snapback]

So you have come across some of their installations then? Thought it was just me who didn't like their installation style.

4 core to PIRs and to the bell? No tamper throughout?

I didn't want to be the one who named them though!

there may be a trend here......

there was a firm around here a few years ago who installed using the techniques described above, and they were called A1. So it seems that if the trading name "blows their own trumpet", the job standard may not be up to much.

CEF is only loosely based on a trade outlet. There's more DIYers in whenever I go to one, probably as they only sell cheap tat unless you order some decent gear in especially.

30715[/snapback]

Exactly! Thats my concern. Here's the website

and the brochure.

Quite worrying on the small domestic front for installers. :(

6pp_UKV2.pdf

If you don't know......ask.

Archived