Security Installer Community

Texecom Ricochet install advice

matt-289

Thanks all. 

Went over to the sisters today, got power to the panel, got the cable to the keypad at the other side of the house and got all 5 ricochet devices learnt to the panel 

The problem I'm having is the manual she gave me is more of a quick guide type of thing, A5 size, and doesn't really explain anything to me other than basic functions

So.... I have a load of questions if you don't mind, or if somebody knows where I can read the manual online and could link me to it that would be great.

Currently when I put the user code in on the keypad, it takes me to the setup menu, rather than asking me if I want to arm the system, how do I fix this please ? I've had a nosey inside the panel and can see a jumper with ' commissioning mode ' or something similar. Is this something to do with it ? 

There is a 4 way blue DIP switch to the right hand side of the panel, currently all 4 switches are down. What is this for please ? 

She has bought one of these internal sounder jobbies that make a racket when the alarm is activated, what is best practice for connecting it up please ? Could I pick up a 12v supply and connect the negative to the bell output terminal or is this not seen as good practice ? It is a 16 ohm sounder

I have a couple more questions but that will do for now I think haha

Hope you have all had a good day and thanks again for the advice !

cheers

Matt

So it's not a user code your using buy managers or engineers

16ohm sounder , is a speaker , across 12vs will short the panel and perhaps blow speaker , it goes to speaker terminals if the panel has them 

Thanks al-yeti, this speaker / sounder just says 12v 16ohm, and can be used as an extension speaker, or depending on your panel, can be used as an internal siren 

Haha yes, just tried editing  my first post as it was a stupid question but it won't let me, please ignore question 1 all.

Thanks 

Matt 

Edited by matt-289

1 hour ago, matt-289 said:

if somebody knows where I can read the manual online and could link me to it that would be great.

Engineers manuals cannot be shared for security reasons.

You are really going to struggle installing blind with no manual and no experience.

Currently when I put the user code in on the keypad, it takes me to the setup menu, rather than asking me if I want to arm the system, how do I fix this please ?

You are either using the engineers code or the panel has a fault and will not arm.

I've had a nosey inside the panel and can see a jumper with ' commissioning mode ' or something similar. Is this something to do with it ?

This is the important jumper to commission the mesh network, the system needs to mesh correctly, upon completion it should be disabled.

There is a 4 way blue DIP switch to the right hand side of the panel, currently all 4 switches are down. What is this for please ?

Radio Expander options, normally left alone unless you need them.

She has bought one of these internal sounder jobbies that make a racket when the alarm is activated, what is best practice for connecting it up please ? Could I pick up a 12v supply and connect the negative to the bell output terminal or is this not seen as good practice ? It is a 16 ohm sounder

16 ohm speaker is not a sounder. If it is a speaker you will need to wire this in place of the small speaker built in to the cab.

16 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Actually hook it up and enroll the devices on the bench and get used to the menus and see how it all works

Then simply delete all devices or better default the panel and do it all on site , that way you don't have to scratch your head so much on site as you will have got used to it a bit

This could equally cause an issue as the devices could still be enrolled on the radio expander, so the devices would not be "seen" by the panel but enrolled on the expander.

5 minutes ago, matt-289 said:

cheers SWB, I'll ask one of the lads at work if they have an engineers manual and take it from there. I'm sure somebody will have one I can borrow for a day or 2 

5 minutes ago, matt-289 said:

And thanks for answering my questions, much appreciated

Matt 

She's no need for the speaker so I won't bother with that then