Security Installer Community

Chaps - Help the uneducated and ignorant

Bluenoze78

al-yeti

the installer (quoting) says the agility app is tried and tested hence he has a preference (apparently he has it :-)) for it but the Texecom is "newer" hence untested....... (at least with him)

For me if the systems are the same (in app terms) I like the control panel on the Texecom as you can choose snazzy "metal colours" 

Unless I can get someone to look at the Siemens kit (Vandersbilt or whatever) I will end up with one of the above!

BN

3 hours ago, Bluenoze78 said:

chap says he also installs the Texecom albeit but has not done a installation with the new "connect" system (with Android app features) but has installed "Ricochet" -

Thats probally due to the Texecom "connect" being so new as in only a few months.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Nova

Thanks - I don't doubt the installers word, he's a nice chap just wondering if anyone here has used it (being so new).

Its vanity but the only reason I prefer Texecom is they do some nice looking control panels, not overly enamoured with the agility and its blue glow / plastic front....

Q: Can I have the Texecom FMK/SMK panel with the "connect" series? is says its compatible with the Premier Elite and Premier series but I don't know how that ties up with 'Ricochet' or 'Connect'

If I can I'll get a quote for that then make my mind up and get it done! Unless I then get a Siemens Vander... installer locally :-)

Thanks all

17 hours ago, norman said:

^^ Good ethic and a shame some of the other money grabbing monkeys don't do the same...

Agreed although ironically on remote control the Vanderbilt is the ultimate 'come back another day' panel, I know of no other system where you can isolate,

for example, individual keypad tampers remotely...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

DD

No DIY here!

You lost me on the first post but Im sure everyone else understood :-)

Q: Can I have the Texecom FMK/SMK panel with the "connect" series? is says its compatible with the Premier Elite and Premier series but I don't know how that ties up with 'Ricochet' or 'Connect' (or if its all the same thing!)

Thanks all

BN

Ricochet and Connect are effectively 'add ons' to the Premier (although, as before, without confusing the issue I believe you can now use Ricochet with any panel via a universal receiver, but anyway)

As long as the installer is not quoting for a non Premier panel you'll be fine.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Chaps

On the basis I have a weirdo asking my eldest when were at home - I am going to go ahead with the Risco Agility 3 based on the availability of an installer.  He "backs it" so hell be the one coming back to make sure it keeps working :-)

Peter / Al-Yeti / Nova / Hill Billy and all those who have helped me thanks!

I need to 'bite the bullet' and get something installed for peace of mind.

Thanks for all your help!

BN