Security Installer Community

Chaps - Help the uneducated and ignorant

Bluenoze78

I can bash in a hkc if you like

But I can't see what use is arm and disarm remotely except if you get a non confirmed signal doesn't mean your not being done over , so you disarm remotely and have to go home or send someone to go look anyway 

Arming is useful but if you forget to arm often then all pointless to

al-yeti

HKC have the option for a PIR with a camera don't they - the HKC app on their website shows an image being/could be sent....so I was guessing that would tell me if its a burglar or one of my daughters rolling in at 2 am not disarming the alarm whilst drunk (when I am away) (PS the eldest is only 14 so Im hoping this is a few years away!!!)

Ive had some undesirable character quiz my eldest when Im not there asking when and where mum and dad work and when she goes back to school...all very weird and creepy.  Ive since installed CCTV (as a short term deterrent) and now its the alarm.  Keen to now get something installed as Im having people pretty much house sit when Im not there thinking an attempt is imminent.....

How much would a HKC installation cost me? I would need 6/7 PIRs, 4 door alarms, the system and bell to go with them along with probably (at least) 2 key fob (me and the wife) and 4/5 proximity tags (if relevant) for grandmas etc.

Thanks

Derek

al-yeti

Ah I see!! everyone now a days loves their recurring income streams - On this basis ill pass on hkc but thanks.

Would rather pay annual fees to installers to service/replace batteries! :-)

Peter - back to Vanderbilt SPC (Im assuming their app is free).."Aliro" I think its called - I can see its free to download.

Thanks all

Ok - Risco Agility 3 quote chap says he also installs the Texecom albeit but has not done a installation with the new "connect" system (with Android app features) but has installed "Ricochet" - So my question to the community is Agility 3 Vs Texecom connect....which is the better piece of kit?

Texecom is about 10% more expensive on "quote terms" but price is not my driver.