Security Installer Community

Ade Gen 4 Alarm Help

36 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I ddnt think the gen 4 could do engineer reset of tamper?

I'm sure you can.

I think it's an option Flag 1 option 3 according to my notes... but they might be wrong.

Funnily enough we replaced one (with a euro mini) a couple of weeks ago where the caps in the supply rectification section had let the blue smoke out.  Hadn't touched one for a few years before then.

Edited by dufjax
typos! and added more

Not that this will make a difference it's not a G4 I have, it's an optima control panel with built in keyboard. My user guide says G4 but my alarm panel said ADE optima. Shame every time I need to do anything i.e add another keypad, adjust volume I have to call the company very annoying. I like to give things a go myself. 

I had an alarm company install it several months ago but it's not a monitored system and still under warrenty. It's not a problem calling them out but I doubt it will be free of charge. 

3 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

who is responsible for the system? ie from an insurance point of view?

Everyone by the sounds of it, very grey area in the event of an insurance claim being made.

Insurance company...'So Sweety who actually maintains your system to ensure it will perform as required in the event of an intruder intrusion'.

'Well we all dabble'.......

Goodbye insurance claim.

55 minutes ago, Sweety25 said:

I had an alarm company install it several months ago but it's not a monitored system and still under warrenty. It's not a problem calling them out but I doubt it will be free of charge. 

If they have any sense they will null the warranty too. 

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.