Security Installer Community

Have been a naughty boy

abbz

On 30/04/2016 at 4:57 PM, PeterJames said:

The fact that you didnt even see the camera makes it worse IMO, ffs dont tell them that they'le have you for not taking due care as well! Ive been caught by the Gatso when they first came out but I know where all the local ones are now. I have always noticed the mobile ones, but I have not always been speeding when Ive spotted them anyway. I hate the ones on the M25 especially when they are fooking around with the speed limits and there is no reason for it.

MOAN UP!

Ditto, them new HADEC 3 pile o **** cameras that capture you for doing 1MPH over the limit, painted teh ****ers grey on left side if the gantry. I get it speeding is wrong, but sometimes doing 80MPH at 2am on a empty motorway is acceptable. But they just make driving a ******* nightmare, espically London.

20MPH!!! Do you know how easy it is to creep to 25/30 when concentrating on cyclists and other **** heads on the road, then they plonk a bloody speed camera.

I could forgive all this, except the state of the motorways. The M25 is a joke, massive pot holes and rough surfaces. Not on considering the revene that is generated.

/rant over

11 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Images about 8 years out of date on the sections I looked at.

I know the copper with the speed camera wont be there but it would give you an idea of the road and likely speed limit ?

3 hours ago, PeterJames said:

I know the copper with the speed camera wont be there but it would give you an idea of the road and likely speed limit ?

I must be looking at a different section of the road, I recall dual carriageway with 2008 images when I looked.

Unfortunately, thanks to poor maintenance, poor management and local authorities messing about, it's difficult to look at images of sections of roads to clarify speed.

A dual carriageway has a national speed limit of 70mph for cars, I would say 85 percentile speed is at least 60, so no wonder they are raking the tickets in.

16 hours ago, Night Owl said:

20MPH!!! Do you know how easy it is to creep to 25/30 when concentrating on cyclists and other **** heads on the road, then they plonk a bloody speed camera.

Breathe, I'd guess 80% of 20MPH limits are unenforceable again, see above.

I wouldn't expect speed traps on these roads not cost effective enough. 

Reducing speed limits has no effect on road safety or average speed on that section, local authorities see it as a cheap fix.

The camera will most likely be set to 30mph limits.
The LA will have thrown some 20 ZONE signs about thinking that will instantly stop little Jimmy from getting run over, possibly due to residential pressure.

All 20 MPH ZONE areas must have regular traffic calming measures throughout the stretch of road, build outs, bumps, chicanes etc etc, to indicate it's not national speed limit (i.e. 30 built-up area).

This is not to be confused with 20 MPH areas that should have regular repeaters on both sides of the road throughout the section.

Reminds me of a women in the local rag a few weeks ago calling for speed humps and 20 MPH on a major A road (built-up 30mph).

A youth had stolen a car, lost control at speed, ploughing through her front window at 3 am.

She was interviewed and one of the arguments for the speed humps was that cars regularly come round the corner too fast while she is reversing off her drive.

She wants her license ripping up if she things it's acceptable to reverse off her drive on to an A road that's unsighted, built up or not.

No mention of how speed humps will stop cars being driven recklessly...

Yes, this has horrendous squared off rubber bumps, guaranteed to knock your tracking out.

They have removed a lot of speed bumps round here and where my mother lives they are 3 abreast in the road so all the mongs drive like they are pissed, does absolutely fa for safety.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.