Security Installer Community

Photos of alarm system installation

Guest mike2004

Ha ha doesn't need the first capital in the middle of a sentence :no: , eg ha ha.  :whistle:

28896[/snapback]

There, fixed it... <_<

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Gimmie a chance, i've only been out of bed 10 mins and not had the obligatory 5 fags and 3 coffee's yet 

28899[/snapback]

I know the feeling!

There, fixed it... <_<

28899[/snapback]

:thumbs_up:

(Note : messages added into one to save space, take heed etc...)

If it is, what does it achieve? There is no prise for the first person to hit 5000!!

Post count shows nothing!

By the way, mine's bigger than yours  :whistle:

28878[/snapback]

Waza,

did not mean it like that, one person replies with a smile face, the next with two smile, the next three then you have four posts with nothing on them except with nice pictures, takes up room on servers and adds pages to posts.

By the way, it how you use it :yes:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest mike2004
Mike,

Are you a qualified electrician?

Paul

28951[/snapback]

No, my rewiring was done purely as a DIYer (although I did have a qualified spark come out and check everything over once it was all complete :yes: )

Mike

No, my rewiring was done purely as a DIYer (although I did have a qualified spark come out and check everything over once it was all complete :yes:  )

Mike

29113[/snapback]

To be honest, if he wasnt signing it off whats he going to say anyway?

Guest mike2004
To be honest, if he wasnt signing it off whats he going to say anyway?

29117[/snapback]

Come off it, RICHL. :rolleyes: You don't really think I'm telling porkies just to make myself sound more conscientious, do you? Why would I want to do that?!

Guest mike2004

Sorry to go slightly off topic again and ask another question (I know I originally posted the topic to show pictures rather than to pick everyone's brains... but everyone's been so kind about giving advice... :) :) :) ) .... The panel I'm installing (Texecom Premier 88) supports EOL as well as DP wiring for detectors. Other than being able to have more detectors per zone with DP than EOL, is there anything else to recommend one over the other? Looking at the wiring diagrams in the manual, the protection against tampering looks a bit more sophisticated with the EOL design... am I right?

Mike

Double end of line is a lot more secure as if someone shorts or cuts the cables it will cause a tamper. However double pole wiring is a lot easier to fault find. There are also the logistics of trying to get two resistors on a contact, those of us with years of practice have learnt our little ways of doing it but to a beginner its not as easy as it sounds.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived