Security Installer Community

Photos of alarm system installation

Guest mike2004

Guest MKAlarms
The Texecom passives are quite good, we have installed thousands of Reflex with only a VERY small percentage ever giving us problems.

The Texecom DT`s are good too, but perhaps a little on the bulky side.

28429[/snapback]

Dave have you tried the Texecom Prestige DT yet?

They are very neat (and so far very reliable!).:doub_thum_up:

MikeR

Dave have you tried the Texecom Prestige DT yet?

They are very neat (and so far very reliable!).:doub_thum_up:

MikeR

28511[/snapback]

Another vote for the prestige DT. There're a bit good.

Guest mike2004

In the entrance hallway, I'm trying to decide between 2 possible PIR options:

1) a standard PIR up high, facing the front door i.e. someone entering would walk towards it (there's no suitable place to put it so that someone entering would walk across it) [eg Texecom Prestige-DT or Optex MX]

2) a 360-degrees ceiling mount PIR on the hall ceiling, nearish to the front door (1-2 metres away) [eg Optex FX-360 or Texecom RF-360]

Is either option better?

Mike

In the entrance hallway, I'm trying to decide between 2 possible PIR options:

1) a standard PIR up high, facing the front door i.e. someone entering would walk towards it (there's no suitable place to put it so that someone entering would walk across it)  [eg Texecom Prestige-DT or Optex MX]

2) a 360-degrees ceiling mount PIR on the hall ceiling, nearish to the front door (1-2 metres away)  [eg Optex FX-360 or Texecom RF-360]

Is either option better?

Mike

28614[/snapback]

Are there windows in the door or at the side, if so that rules out option 1 as PIR's shouldn't be facing windows.

I usually go for a PIR above the door in the corner set as time inhibit\entry route and use a contact on the door as the entry\exit zone.

Guest mike2004
Are there windows in the door or at the side, if so that rules out option 1 as PIR's shouldn't be facing windows.

The door itself doesn't, though there is a small window next to it.

Is the "don't face windows" rule really that definite? What with trying to avoid being above, near or facing radiators, and all the other rules, the sites I've eventually come up with for the lounge and the dining room are in the corners of the rooms, above the doors, facing another corner (near the window).

This picture shows the hall and lounge:

post-3165-1098520711_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts?

Mike

Seems like this system is going to be the classic take over in a couple years!

Strikes me as strange that people go to such lenghts to write on here when they could have paid a firm to install, commission, test and hand over in a day!??

Mike,

Get a reputable firm in to advise, by all means install it yourself but you need them on site to guide you, then once its ready to second fix, get them in to finish it.

That way you will get a certificate and a service contract, peace of mind for you and insurance company happy.

Hope this is good advice for you as it seems u r getting distracted by not replying to many posts and going off at tangents by talking about 360's in the hallway :o

Regards

PAUL

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Guest mike2004
Strikes me as strange that people go to such lenghts to write on here when they could have paid a firm to install, commission, test and hand over in a day!??

Well I suppose that's the nature of DIY! Some people enjoy going for a slow leisurely walk enjoying the sights on the way, instead of paying for getting in a taxi and getting straight from A to B. :)

Anyway, I'm quite confident about my ability to do a good job with this (as I said in my opening post, I've just finished a complete rewire) - and I can't imagine any reputable firm is going to take seriously an offer to visit a house merely to advise on where to locate one PIR!

Mike

Lounge - diagonally opposite corner. Hall - other end of the wall, between RKP and door, although if the drawing's to scale(!) you might get away with it where it is.

Archived