Security Installer Community

Photos of alarm system installation

Guest mike2004

Its about 70cm further up.

29671[/snapback]

Middle of nowhere then! I think I'd be making sure my install was 100% spot on if I were going to publish pictures of it all over the web. :P

Middle of nowhere then! I think I'd be making sure my install was 100% spot on if I were going to publish pictures of it all over the web.  :P

29713[/snapback]

It may not be the 'standard' way you or I would install, but it doesn't appear to breach any regs or guidlines.

Remember, it is a DIY install and he's looking for constructive criticism!

:)

If you don't know......ask.

It may not be the 'standard' way you or I would install, but it doesn't appear to breach any regs or guidlines.

Remember, it is a DIY install and he's looking for constructive criticism!

:)

29721[/snapback]

It was constructive criticism, don't run cables across the middle of the wall where no-one will ever know about it until they stick a nail through it!

I seemed to think it was in breach of some standard or other but if it's not then fair enough.

The cables are run vertically from the accessory and appear to be within 150mm from from the top of the wall.

29740[/snapback]

He says in an earlier post that the ceiling is 700mm above the cables.

Guest mike2004

29764[/snapback]

But the cable chase follows horizontally just above a door frame, where its very unlikely anyone would choose to hammer in any nails.

Mike

29764[/snapback]

Sorry, my mistake. I was thinking 70mm when I posted

:blush:

You are quite right.....not a good way to do it.

If you don't know......ask.

But the cable chase follows horizontally just above a door frame, where its very unlikely anyone would choose to hammer in any nails.

29790[/snapback]

So you would think! Although there might never be an incident involving those cables and a nail it isn't good practice. I'm not having a dig, or a go, it's just constructive criticism. If it's your house and you know they are there then fine, but you never know who will be there in future.

Archived