Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Plus Alarm

whitenotred

Hi All,

This is my first post and hopefully I have picked a topic relevant to my question.

When I moved into my house 18 years ago the Optima 2 Plus alarm was already fitted, so no idea how old it is !

Generally it works fine, if you don't mis-key and end up with 'odd' settings, but my problem relates to battery backup.

Occasionally we get power outages - which causes the alarm to sound constantly. I have been told the battery backup may not be working ?

On other forums there is talk of a battery in the control panel - if this is the keypad then I can't see a battery.

Is the control panel the white box in my garage ? If so, again from other forums, it looks like the battery I need to replace is large and expensive ?

Can anyone confirm that I do indeed need to replace my battery in the 'white box' and, if so, how (without driving the neighbours to distraction !).

Man thanks in advance !

[Moved - please don't bump 10 year old topics]

Edited by datadiffusion
Not related to 10 year old keypad topic

Would you be happy using an 18+ year old fridge, microwave, computer, toaster, etc...?

Would you keep a car for 18 years having never serviced it once?

Is your central heating boiler 20 years old?

I would say yes the battery is long dead, your neighbours must love you for that, but I would suggest a newer system for the most

expensive asset you own.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I was speaking to a chap today that's refurbing his house (about unrelated stuff), he's spent tens of thousands on a build that totally revolves around AV and it's a really top notch job, back to the brick so he can stand off the plaster board to accommodate wiring etc. I commented on his R8 RKP and he seriously said he only spent money on things that mattered...

Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I will keep quite about my boiler due to its age but i know it needs doing but it is service every year by a engineer who is probley younger then the boiler :shy:

Does the optima plus only do the down stairs and maybe not even the garage door. if its that old i bet even the bell box looks old. :- just saying.

I would go for a upgrade :thumbsup: