Security Installer Community

Alarms On Plugs

Grading dependent, yes it's allowed.

unswitched socket, plugged in g2 is ok, g3 needs tool to remove power

Yeah but then so is arming and disarming with a fob, they nick yer keys, they then have access to your alarm system, that's madness!

question, how does your car work in this regard. same key that opens it allows you to move it?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I dont like fobs because I feel they are less secure, but don't really think about the car keys.

remote arming and disarming fobs are certainly as bad, as they will report back the status of the alarm and allow you to disarm it.

But you still have to know the House to use it on even if you find the keys and the fob etc.

Find keys in a carpark just point and unlock door and wait for the car to flash to say here I am?

So the fob for the house is probably more secure than a fob for the car?

I like the risco agility 3 remote fob as you can have it coded, okay so its only 4 digits, but requires two actions if programmed ie disarm and the 4 digit code, but that wont work on a monitored system as once you enable the standard the feature is disabled.

Edited by secureiam

Brake pad change on mine is nearly 400 quid, as it is I'm gonna get it done, but found some pads for a tenner need to find a carpenter to fit em for 30. Who needs to be secure in the knowledge they will work when I really need them...

I dont like fobs because I feel they are less secure, but don't really think about the car keys.

remote arming and disarming fobs are certainly as bad, as they will report back the status of the alarm and allow you to disarm it.

But you still have to know the House to use it on even if you find the keys and the fob etc.

Find keys in a carpark just point and unlock door and wait for the car to flash to say here I am?

So the fob for the house is probably more secure than a fob for the car?

I like the risco agility 3 remote fob as you can have it coded, okay so its only 4 digits, but requires two actions if programmed ie disarm and the 4 digit code, but that wont work on a monitored system as once you enable the standard the feature is disabled.

I think you missed my point?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.