Security Installer Community

What's Happening To Our Cable ?

charlie6

I'll buy whatever I want for spares including cable, and the purchase backfired because it was exactly that... tat.. but the previous comment stands viz:-

A legitimate question was asked, rather than a genuine answer, yet again we are faced with the inevitable "..I can't answer the question so I'll just mock the OP".  

i did answer the question,and id bet im right.did it take you months to suss it was tat? or did you suss it was tat when the problems started

"...I broke my own rule a few months back and bought a roll of unbranded twelve core on ebay. Never used it, thought it might be OK as a spare and put it away. Had a glance at it recently, it's so thin, smaller than four core and stripping is a nightmare. I asked around and one chap said that the chinese had bought up all the copper, he said ".. but not to worry..there's no voltage loss.." but that's just it..I am worried !! So what's the truth of the matter, is all the branded cable as thin as that..I haven't bought any for ages..any good reccomendations welcome.."

Here is the original post and the questions are:-

Have the chinese bought up all the copper ? Is there a voltage drop ? Are all branded cables as thin ? Any recommendations ?

Which of these did you answer.

"...I broke my own rule a few months back and bought a roll of unbranded twelve core on ebay. Never used it, thought it might be OK as a spare and put it away. Had a glance at it recently, it's so thin, smaller than four core and stripping is a nightmare. I asked around and one chap said that the chinese had bought up all the copper, he said ".. but not to worry..there's no voltage loss.." but that's just it..I am worried !! So what's the truth of the matter, is all the branded cable as thin as that..I haven't bought any for ages..any good reccomendations welcome.."

Here is the original post and the questions are:-

Have the chinese bought up all the copper ? Is there a voltage drop ? Are all branded cables as thin ? Any recommendations ?

Which of these did you answer.

all of them,thats why your contacts are latching

New reg coming so you won't be able to use carp cable anymore, I posted the document in trade

Also you will have voltage drop and data issues if it's really bad, copper cqr is about 10 ohms per 100m, decent cca higher, carp cable could be 200

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

http://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030295318

Makes me laugh to think BS4737 is far from dead...

It will be an EN soon but this was the quickest way of sorting out issues in the UK. There really is some awful cable being used, and as usual its that last place people look, especially when they did not do the first fix.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

It will be an EN soon but this was the quickest way of sorting out issues in the UK. There really is some awful cable being used, and as usual its that last place people look, especially when they did not do the first fix.

Ah, very interesting re. the EN. My parents house is a case in point, prewired in 2007 using terrible CCA and being a 2 storey town house it makes a difference resistance wise.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands