Security Installer Community

What's Happening To Our Cable ?

charlie6

I broke my own rule a few months back and bought a roll of unbranded twelve core on ebay. Never used it, thought it might be OK as a spare and put it away. Had a glance at it recently, it's so thin, smaller than four core and stripping is a nightmare. I asked around and one chap said that the chinese had bought up all the copper, he said ".. but not to worry..there's no voltage loss.." but that's just it..I am worried !! So what's the truth of the matter, is all the branded cable as thin as that..I haven't bought any for ages..any good reccomendations welcome. 

Thanks both, I'm OK for the moment, have a few rolls, but I'll buy CQR when I need cable next time. Used to buy it from Gardiner many years ago but opted for my local electrical wholesaler for the last few years out of sheer laziness. Anyone ever seen this thin streeky 12 core I mentioned, horrible stuff.Thanks once again.  

Edited by charlie6

Thankyou Norman " ...im  getting high res and volt drop problems should have bought real cable instead of cheap copy tat..."

I've checked my own post and can't see the above mentioned entry. Either way, A legitimate question was asked, rather than a genuine answer, yet again we are faced with the inevitable "..I can't answer the question so I'll just mock the OP".  

Thankyou Norman " ...im  getting high res and volt drop problems should have bought real cable instead of cheap copy tat..."

I've checked my own post and can't see the above mentioned entry. Either way, A legitimate question was asked, rather than a genuine answer, yet again we are faced with the inevitable "..I can't answer the question so I'll just mock the OP".  

who buys cable for spares,you looked at it because of the problems it has caused,simple as,dont pass it off as chit chat when you want answers to a problem the tat has caused,

I'll buy whatever I want for spares including cable, and the purchase backfired because it was exactly that... tat.. but the previous comment stands viz:-

A legitimate question was asked, rather than a genuine answer, yet again we are faced with the inevitable "..I can't answer the question so I'll just mock the OP".