Security Installer Community

Alarm With App Which Can Disarm/arm Alarm (Replace Adt?)

Hi,

So I have an ADT alarm which was installed about 7 years ago.  I no longer have a contract directly with them and have fitted a dialler.

Spec is below 

- It has two wireless panic alarms. One fixed

- Two Wireless sensors, 4 fixed sensors

- Two keypads, using key fobs

- Usual ADT spec - backup battery, able to distinguish between one sensor trigger vs two triggered

- Smoke alarm

- Dialler fitted - independently 

I would like to be able to disarm and arm this alarm remotely. Problem is if the alarm goes off the dialler calls out and then someone needs to attend the property - my family had to come at 1am one time! Probably just a spider.

I would like to keep my current setup and just add something which will allow the alarm to be disarmed/armed remotely via an app for example. I plan to install IP cameras around the house (will only have them active when I leave the house) then i or someone in the family can just see if the property is ok. If it is OK the alarm can be disarmed and then armed again. 

I have spoken to a local security company and they said they could just replace they key pads/control panel. £350. It would be Risco parts. 

Anyone have any other ideas to resolve the problems above? Risco any good? heard they are ex-Guardtec? Or, is what i am planning to do a bad idea - i had spent a bit of cash to install the ADT alarm so fell bit hesitant in doing this but the sensors arent replaced and neither is wiring i guess.

cheers

cheers

Edited by leo01

Did you investigate why the alarm went off at 1am? Apart from spiders there would have been an event or something in the log to tell you what activated it

Would help you perhaps decide what to do